• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Intake filter

C
Jun 27, 2014
Intake with just a pod filter be ok to run? To much to seal the air box. Thinking just a uni sno pod with a prefilter. Looking for input?

K
Dec 29, 2014
ya thats what we have done on many bikes
and thats what timbersled sells when they are running an sx kits (where the 3rd shock requires you to remove the air box)
we run the k & n crankcase filters with pre filter covers on our vent lines too
if its a efi bike u may have to relocate the airbox sensor and cover it with prefilter too depends on the application.

C
Jun 27, 2014
Made the right move. Its a 03 525sx with a thumper 570 head work, cam, rekluse, mxc 5th and exc6th. Going to the UP Thursday to ride this thing!!!!! Can't wait

P
Oct 11, 2014
greatfalls mt
jetting

I've got a pod filter on my Kx 450 and getting it tunned has been tough I've got a 190 main and running in the 4th clip its running better know but not perfect but it has been slot of messing around trying to get it dialed

S

summit_man

Nov 23, 2008
Sioux Falls SD
Filter

Call Les at Gary's Engine. Aberdeen SD.
He will have the answer and materials you need. Smart guy. I'm running an intake on my 09 RMZ, that I picked up from him

image.jpg

egesledder

Premium Member
Sep 8, 2009
West of Boulder, Colorado
Here's the intake I made out of random stuff left over from other projects. Having a longer intake tube can help with flow consistency through the carb (one of many reasons tuning with a pod filter right on the carb can be challenging).

This was made out of a 45 degree 2.5" aluminum tube, a 30 degree silicone bend, stainless wire fence, a short section of stainless 3" exhaust tube, a 4"x6" intake prefilter, and a little time with some pliers. The joint between the prefilter and the silicone tube will be filled with silicone adhesive to make a nice seal.

Intake.jpg

Intake1.jpg

Intake2.jpg

Intake3.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features