• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need some Ski-Doo advice

S

smv sledhead

Nov 26, 2007
SE Idaho
Ok all you bombers. I have a buddy with a 2002 800. He doesn't ride it a lot, but I took him out today and he was having a bear of a time with his clutches. I think it's a lack of maintenance, but the primary seems to be sticking, and it's shifting back and forth with the throttle wide open.
So my question is, do we rebuild the primary or just buy a new one, or whatever else do we do??? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
take it apart clean it inspect it and replace the wore parts and get a new spring regardless.
mostlikely will need rollers or ramps or both
my o1 I take out with my 5 year old does what you describe and I know I need rollers ramps spring and buttons.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Yep, just replace whatever parts it needs. Dont overlook thhe secondary either, if the buttons are worn, replace them, probably time for a new sec. spring also. If things are corroded, the secondary can bind, its possible all it needs is a good cleaning, maybe a fresh belt.

R
Jun 14, 2008
Southern Idaho
Like said a good cleaning of both clutches and replace bad parts. Alot cheaper than a new clutch. Also what shape is the belt in? Is there anything on the clutches where the belt rides? Clean that area to.

S

smv sledhead

Nov 26, 2007
SE Idaho
Ok. We found another used clutch to stick on temporarily. It made a world of difference. I guess we'll take the other one apart and see how badly it's worn. There's a lot of slop when you move the outer section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features