• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 New Changes for Yamaha?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I am telling you guys, Yamaha made a major purchase of Arctic Cat stock this last Summer / Fall.

They MUST be doing something together to have moved that much cash...

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
I am telling you guys, Yamaha made a major purchase of Arctic Cat stock this last Summer / Fall.

two piglets eating in the same feed lot just means eventually alot of pork..don't loose sleep over it,..they will never be veal...

Last edited:

SaberKitty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2006
Foothills of Grosse Gelb
three new groomed trail sleds, nytro motor, N/A for this year. Now if you have any doubts arctic cat and yamaha are on a join venture.....

new2014Yamaha1.png

Too bad the photochopper used a 2012 Arctic Cat picture with the older tunnel design making this an obvious fake.

Lococoin

Lifetime Membership

If that is the case why would they say this on their blog?

For the record Yamaha did not buy any shares in any of our competitors companies outside of KYB shock absorbers, which is kind of ironic when you consider Skidoo now buys their shocks from Yamaha.

http://snowmobiles.yamahablogs.ca

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Well well, that is mighty interesting... How many different divisions of Yamaha are there, and just how much stock could you acquire without having to file???

Sent from my Apple iPhone 5 using the TapaTalk app.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
Definitely a new Viper

but those are a/c skis on the pic, I would guess a new 3 cylinder factory turbo charged sled. hopefully it's 100 lbs lighter than the Nytro

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
With the majority of snowmobilers being more weight conscious than a high school cheerleader ....why not build a low boost phaser with 160 hp that would be faster than a modern 800 @ 10000 foot??

So you are saying the 110+ pound weight difference of a 13 Pro to a Phazer can be made up with a 20hp advantage?

Have you ridden both?

I have.

NO WAY would I take the phazer.

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Yeah, there is one in my garage that I ride once in a while. No thanks.

Last edited:

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
The Yamaha 120 kids sled is just a blue Arctic cat, what makes anyone think they won't do the same with another sled? They are definately working on something together.....exactly what, who knows. I'm thinking Cat will be needing some help with engine development with Sukuki out of the picture....no way a co. like Cat can handle the engineering, costs and testing and EPA compliance on their own...if they did it would be a huge risk in this economy. The question is, what does Cat have that Yamaha wants?

H

HPJUNKIE

Nov 5, 2003
Fly -by-wire technology is easy for Yamaha for example. A different approach to increasing efficiency, rather than horsepower might be a new angle. (Think Honda elec/auto trans vs belt drive.) Change is good, usually!

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
Some where in the hills ID
oh its all good. yamaha has way more technology then the other brands. but that being said they have a lot more weight then the other brands. im excited but worried about yamaha haha. i have a propane apex and a 13 800 PC and i love both. just the propane is to heavy. but i put a 35in front end on the propane. gonna ride it this weekend.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
pretty sure what yamaha is about to release is all yammi they have had a new sled ready for 2 years now but did not release because of the economy.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Maybe Yami is "going green" in more ways than we could imagine.
Hope it has a long extension cord.:face-icon-small-win

K

Kibbels

Dec 8, 2007
Red Deer, AB
I still believe this to be.......

Question is.... If yamaha and AC enter into shared technologies I don't think the AC 1100 motor will be around for long... As the New Yamee motors will replace on the 4S front. Why I think this is as if my memory serves me correct AC patented forward 4S exhaust c/w Turbo which AC utilized MCX to design turbo system for the 660 engine in 2002 release. This will allow Yamaha to have forward exiting exhaust... With a factory turbo. And AC could utilize Yamaha's 2 stroke direct technologies.... AC has a long way to go to compete with Yamaha on 4s.. I follow WSB and MotoGP... Have u heard of M1!! 240 bhp naturally aspirated Cross-plane 4.... Now that is cool. Check it out.

Premium Features