• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 Yamaha Snowmobile Thursday Debut

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
looks like it got moved back an hour to 11 am central.

Something makes me think they are scrambling to get this release out today. Because why move it back an hour?

H

hurricane2

Nov 27, 2007
2013= a 1 3/4" lug track on a crossover sled. Yawn.
Come on Yamaha, is this what people are supposed to get excited over?

Last edited:

Tuffy66

Premium Member
Nov 12, 2008
North Dakota
Got all excited for nothing. When is Yamaha gonna come thru for us mountain guys...NEVER..They better have something good for March 2nd or I am gonna be riding a Poo Pro

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
Still not regretting putting my money into an older sled. If this is supposed to be the big change up for the year then we can expect absolutely nothing out of the MTX. I just don't see how they can just keep making these stupid little changes and think they are doing anything to compete with the new tech that the other companies have coming out. they do something that everyone has been doing for a couple years now and it is supposed to be a big deal.

One thing I am curious about is how the front page states that you can ride this from low elevation to high elevation without even changing clutching. How do they figure that?

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
What the heck does this fricken paragraph mean? Sounds like boost but they fail to mention it?

"Imagine a sled that you can ride from sea level up to 10,000 feet without having to change clutching or gearing and it’s equally at home on the wide spectrum of snow conditions you’d encounter. Imagine no longer - you can do it with the new 2013 FX Nytro XTX 1.75! The first of our new 2013 model lineup to be announced."

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
One thing I am curious about is how the front page states that you can ride this from low elevation to high elevation without even changing clutching. How do they figure that?
The performance is so poor that you won't notice a difference? :face-icon-small-sho

not funny, as I have a nytro... lol

K

Kruchy

Sep 30, 2009
Goodsoil, SK
I though it was a turbo for sure. Even looked at the engine specs to see if there was a turbo listed.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
And I had this page open all morning so that I could refresh it later for the updates....

I'm glad this wasn't what I got out of bed for. HAHA

The kids in the video got excited over something they couldn't understand?

It's like the ads for Ice Road Truckers....and they leave you thinking someone's gonna DIE. Uh...NOT. PSYCH!!!!

WEAK!!

H

HPJUNKIE

Nov 5, 2003
What the heck does this fricken paragraph mean? Sounds like boost but they fail to mention it?

"Imagine a sled that you can ride from sea level up to 10,000 feet without having to change clutching or gearing and it’s equally at home on the wide spectrum of snow conditions you’d encounter. Imagine no longer - you can do it with the new 2013 FX Nytro XTX 1.75! The first of our new 2013 model lineup to be announced."

I'm the same train of thought as you. Then I looked @ spec's & no factory turbo? I can run my current sled with a sea level spec in it at 10000' as well, It will just be doggy & underpowered. Hey wait a min....

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
UNLESS THERE IS A TURBO in there somewhere.

My guess is that there is and this dropped this sled noone cares about to just add that little info to have people talking until the 2nd. Also my guess is supercharger. And they probally have some overly heavy electronic variable clutch to keep the boost the same. . .

Premium Features