• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 800 Dragon Silber Questions

B
Nov 26, 2007
Got the kit installed today and finally got the attitude box wired up right (I Hope!) Went out for a few passes in the field and seems to runs nice. throttle response is crisp, just need to figure out how to tune the box. Im only at 2000ft. here, so when I get it tuned what would I need to change when I head to the mountains? Anyone got any tips or tricks on tuning the box? Im trying to ge the wideband down to 12.8 max a WOT, but cant get it there and got all the settings messed up now. Anyone got any starting numbers to enter that has worked for them? Im running straight 100ll so far. Thanks all!

Y
Mar 9, 2008
claremont mn
box settings

I believe he has the box settings for that kit on his website,just go to Turbo tuning section. This should be for your kit setup. Last I looked he didn't have anything on there for the pro chassis kits just the old chassis

B
Nov 26, 2007
On the left side there is a tuning section, and all there is in there is a page on tuning pro RMK. Im new to this 2 stroke turbo thing and really dont wanna melt her down. I had to crank my red and my green blue all the way up to get a/f down in the low 12's. Then once I started to turn up the boost a bit it seemed to help the a/f to run a little lower as well. Another question is if I get a bog and the check engine light doesnt flash is a det situation or am I too rich? I have had it flash and shut me down a couple times. Thanks in advance for the input!

Y
Mar 9, 2008
claremont mn
silber tuning

In silbers tuning section the bottom part of the page where it says Polaris cf I tuning is what you need to look at. Itis the all black print area.those default numbers are different than the default numbers in the top part. Plus the fuel pressure stuff doesn't apply to the new kits

B
Nov 26, 2007
Thanks a bunch, I never noticed that! I believe i was running, green-4.5, yellow-2, red-6, green/blue-7,yellow/blue4.5, red/blue/5.5. One thing I noticed is when I cranked the red and green/blue up and gave it 6 lbs of boost or over it had a wot bog, is it det. or overfueling? When I get into the boost is the box opening the injectors and flooding it? Also he has good explanation of what each mode deos on the tuning page for the pro, could i put those tips to use as I am tuning the dragon? From what I am seeing some of the 3.0 boxes have 4 inectors and some have 8, anyone had better luck with the 8 wire box? Also I am not tapped into the temp. sensor as I did not have the tan or pink wires, i just have what looks like a 2 wire injector plug that I just have tied up. Does this sound right. Thank you for all of your tips and input, this seems to be the way to get it figured out!!

Y
Mar 9, 2008
claremont mn
Modes

The modes should be the same as the newer box. Fuel pressure makes a pretty big difference on the green blue mode also.for example if you drop your fuel pressure to get your idle and throttle response right than you will have to raise your blue green to compensate for th lower amount of fuel getting delivered by the injectors. So whenadjusting fuel pressure recheck WOT mixture.

B
Nov 26, 2007
I have the fuel pressure set at 42 which is where justin said to start at. I dont notice it flooding at an idle. Also how long at wot should you hold it to get an accurate reading on the a/f? Havent done any long pulls yet, new engine and trying to get a tank through it to break it in before I head to the mountains. I am pulling around 7800-7900 rmp with spikes to 8000 when it spins, all I have done is put in the 11-70's and the orange primary, the secondary is stock. I have the black/orange spring and custom helix to put in yet. I am wondering what changes I will need to do to ride at home around 1900ft. compared to riding around the 6-8k foot range. I really need to find a clutching for dummies book!!!:face-icon-small-dis

900rider

Dec 6, 2007
McClusky ND
hey just wondering if you had your sled out to the mountains yet? Just got back with mine (08 800 silber) and it runs great but not track speed i expected, 40-45 tops on a long pull.....i bought the sled built already, i am going to tear into it this weekend and find out whats what with clutching and gearing.....

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
. I really need to find a clutching for dummies book!!!:face-icon-small-dis[/QUOTE]

Buy a copy of the clutching book from aaen....its a must read for anybody wanting to mess with a clutch.....

Premium Features