• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 800cfi won't idle down

C

champyfz450

Jan 13, 2009
Fort McMurray
Guys I'm throwin this issue out there as I cannot find the solution to my problem. I have an turbo 09 800cfi motor in an iqr chassis that will not idle down, I tried everything that I can think of including a new tps sensor and harness but it still idles at 2000rpm. The issue started last year on my last ride, the sled wouldn't idle high enough to stay running but now after trying to work the bugs out it idles too high and won't even go into reverse. There is a boostwurx programmer on there, is there any way that a bum programmer could cause the erratic idle? the sled does start easy and it runs super smooth. Any help is greatly appreciated guys as my first trip is coming up soon. thanks

S

sledstew

Nov 2, 2004
Mandan, ND
www.themildtowild.com
Maybe some ideas to help you along:

1)Spray some carb cleaner or something around your intake boots all the way back to the turbo and see if you are sucking air.

2)Check fuel pressure (not likely but possible)

3)My suggestion is to unplug the programmer and plug all your factory plugs together just to see if it idles. If it doesnt idle you obviously have fuel/air issues.

C

champyfz450

Jan 13, 2009
Fort McMurray
Inspect the thottle body adapters. Common problem.

I'm really hopin that's the problem too. I did install a twisted turbo billet adapter but since it's fixed to the engine and the airbox is also fixed with billet boots to the throttle bodies and bolted to the chassis I'm thinking I might have a couple broken bolts due to vibrations

Premium Features