• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic Cat M1100 Turbo

H

hurricane2

Nov 27, 2007
Got a good laugh out of the 2012 Cat 4-stroke and the die hard Cat guys. News flash for Arcitc Cat guys: Yamaha wasen't just adding 100lbs to their sleds just for the hell of it! I have been spending a fair amount of time over there leading up to the 2012 release and was just shaking my head at all these guys thinking this thing was going to weigh the same as a M1000. Cudos for them for jumping in to the 4 Stroke mountain biz and with factory boost to boot, but it weighs 565 dry, and now all the 2-stroke Cat guys are saying things like, "well with aftermarket parts it should be easy to take off alot of weight". For the last 5 years they have been saying things like "The Nytro sucks without spending a fortue on lightweight parts." LOL. There is no magic to building a light 4-stroke, it takes $$$ that the factories so far are not willing to try to get people to pay for.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Heyburn Idaho
←snow∞motion→;2670279 said:
Yeah, but the AC comes stock. :face-icon-small-fro

Wonder how Yamaha will come back.

True but if you snow check your sled ya can get boost for 2 grand probably going to be the same price or a little cheaper than the cat. I read that cat will come with a 2 year warranty where Yamaha will be only one year. i think you will see Yamaha step up there game a little who knows how they will accomplish it tho

S

SUMMITREV

Oct 24, 2008
Baker, OR
Last night on cats site said 13700 for msrp for snopro 1100 turbo. That would put it around a grand less than 2012 boosted nytro unless yamaha changes that

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Got a good laugh out of the 2012 Cat 4-stroke and the die hard Cat guys. News flash for Arcitc Cat guys: Yamaha wasen't just adding 100lbs to their sleds just for the hell of it! I have been spending a fair amount of time over there leading up to the 2012 release and was just shaking my head at all these guys thinking this thing was going to weigh the same as a M1000. Cudos for them for jumping in to the 4 Stroke mountain biz and with factory boost to boot, but it weighs 565 dry, and now all the 2-stroke Cat guys are saying things like, "well with aftermarket parts it should be easy to take off alot of weight". For the last 5 years they have been saying things like "The Nytro sucks without spending a fortue on lightweight parts." LOL. There is no magic to building a light 4-stroke, it takes $$$ that the factories so far are not willing to try to get people to pay for.

My thoughts exactly. Hats off to them. This release is good for the sport.

D
Nov 30, 2007
But the Cat turbo is available in Canada according to their site, the Nytro isnt available here. Personally I like the looks. Possibly a new sled in my future? We will see.

D
Nov 30, 2007
Doober, they do look cool. once you bleed green its hard to leave. One will be in my near future, Need to see more about them
I was green before, had a bad experience with waranty department with a quad, went blue and love it (actually 40th red and white), but these look good. and I want a turbo!!

R
Nov 20, 2009
You dont have to deal locally, I wont again. Thats one thing about a 4 stroke u need a turbo to get them goin. The prices & weights are respectable. I want to see a season on the snow to work out the bugs before I buy a new one

S

Swelly

I say hats off to Team Green. Coming to the table with what looks to be a well thought out play into the 4 stroke market. I was gung ho to jump ship, but am probably going to stay blue for me for now. My son is ready for a new sled, and I am considering a M1100 for him. Non Turbo of course.

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
Pretty hard to beat a deal like that....add the d&D programmer 280 hp 565lbs(dry from what im reading) and ride.....dont have to spend thousands getting the chassis to where it needs to be....dont get me wrong I love yamaha, but you do have to spend a few bucks..... cat has a good chassis, suspension works very well.....what would you really need to change...maybe Mountain Mod Seat.....powder coat and graphix to make it your own and ride.......They just upped the bar by quite a bit with this new sled imo... might have to go green next year....im not a band wagon jumper.....but would be alot less cash forsure....

sWall_1.jpg

Last edited:
E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
I like it and would buy one if i didnt have my apex. Stock turbo with warranty and a few upgrades and your pushing some good power. Great looking sled and i think its going to handle awesome. IMO cat did a great job with this one.

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
Pretty hard to beat a deal like that....add the d&D programmer 280 hp 565lbs(dry from what im reading) and ride.....dont have to spend thousands getting the chassis to where it needs to be....dont get me wrong I love yamaha, but you do have to spend a few bucks..... cat has a good chassis, suspension works very well.....what would you really need to change...maybe Mountain Mod Seat.....powder coat and graphix to make it your own and ride.......They just upped the bar by quite a bit with this new sled imo... might have to go green next year....im not a band wagon jumper.....but would be alot less cash forsure....

I completely agree...this is the only sled that would get me off my nytro. I want to see how long the motor holds together with the abuse mountain style riding gives it.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
the m1100T deffinatly go my attention, its time for a new sled and this is alot cheaper than the ground up build i had in mind.

Premium Features