• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"Eng. Service" flashes 5 times on startup

cb2honk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2009
Western iowa
Just finished putting everything back together on my 08 D8 w/BD pump gas w/ebc(the old ebc). When i start it, "Eng. Service" flashes 5 times on the digital display and then it goes away. Does anyone know what this could be indicating?

P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
Just finished putting everything back together on my 08 D8 w/BD pump gas w/ebc(the old ebc). When i start it, "Eng. Service" flashes 5 times on the digital display and then it goes away. Does anyone know what this could be indicating?

Its time to service your sled.

cb2honk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2009
Western iowa
Really??? C'mon.

I'm new to polaris, but i thought there were certain codes you could read by how many times the "eng. service" flashes or how long it stays on. But, if i'm wrong let me know.

S

Super B

Dec 26, 2002
Monticello, MN
www.rooost.ca
Product tester is correct. Do a forum search on this matter, and you will find a way to reset that light.

Engine codes are flashed in orange on the left side of the gauge cluster with a round indicator light..

Last edited:

cb2honk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2009
Western iowa
Ok, I did some searching. Does the 5 flashes of "Eng. Service" mean something is wrong with the pipe temp sensor? Is there any way to reset this without going to the dealer, and see if the code comes back?

S

Super B

Dec 26, 2002
Monticello, MN
www.rooost.ca
Ok, I did some searching. Does the 5 flashes of "Eng. Service" mean something is wrong with the pipe temp sensor? Is there any way to reset this without going to the dealer, and see if the code comes back?

Is it the eng service flashing on the actual digital gauge? Or do you have the round light flashing on the left side of your cluster?

If it is on the actual gauge, it is just a service light and it can be reset. if I am not mistaken, it is set to go off at 20 hours of use.

If you have the red/orange round light flashing 5 times on the left side of the cluster, your pipe sensor is bad.

cb2honk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2009
Western iowa
It is on the digital gauge where rpms, temp, etc. are shown, it looks just like this,
"eng.
service"

Premium Features