• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

151 skid for wedge chassis

xc700

Premium Member
Jan 7, 2010
midwest
Has any one put a 151 rmk skid from an 04 on a wedge chassis? What are the mounting dimensions? I will be running a 2" paddle with it.

C

chadkrump

May 26, 2008
Amenia ND
the funny thing is I just did it, I took a 151 vertical edge RMK skid and put it in my 97 700 sks...

what chassis are u starting from, i started from the measurments that it was suppose to be and they did not work too well, had to kinda do a trial and error.

what I found is that my rear drop brackets stayed in the same spot but my front holds moved forward. Id have to go out and double check my measuerments again to be exact again but i will get out to the garage this afternoon...

ill post back when i have the for sure measurments

CK

heinracing

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
mina sd
what you need is the measurments from the 04 sled so go center of drivers to your first bolt location. then you do the same on the wedge chassis.

then measure center to center on the suspension and then put the measurment on to the new chassis and there you go

F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
yes sir.

what you need is the measurments from the 04 sled so go center of drivers to your first bolt location. then you do the same on the wedge chassis.

then measure center to center on the suspension and then put the measurment on to the new chassis and there you go

That is how I have done swaps in the past. Easiest way.

xc700

Premium Member
Jan 7, 2010
midwest

That is what i did when i put my 136" in. I was wondering if any one had the the measurements that i need from the 04. Iam putting this in a 98 xc 700.

S
Dec 1, 2007
mount

i put a 151 edge into my son 97 rmk .I used the frount stock hole& used home made ,could remount the fact. rear drop brackets. that gave me abount a 1.5"(i think ) set back that with 8" wheels i was able to use a 156 track . this set up is working VEARY WELL

C

chadkrump

May 26, 2008
Amenia ND
i put a 151 edge into my son 97 rmk .I used the frount stock hole& used home made ,could remount the fact. rear drop brackets. that gave me abount a 1.5"(i think ) set back that with 8" wheels i was able to use a 156 track . this set up is working VEARY WELL

Yeah but if hes trying to run a 151 track it will never work with the front stock holes, skid will be back way too far, U would never get the skid to fir in there, track would be too tight... hes gonna need to mount the skid somewhere in the lines of like 7 1/2" from center of the DS to center of the hole, and then center to center between mounting holes are 30 7/8...

CK

S
Dec 1, 2007
true, also just saw were hes from . this sled does not work aswell on the trail as it did stock , but realy shines in the steep& deep.
just another way to go is all

xc700

Premium Member
Jan 7, 2010
midwest
track and skid

I've already put a 136x2" track and skid on it so i know it won't handle the same as stock. But i don't ride to many trails mostly back country in the UP.

Premium Features