• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Team Summit & Team Boondockers TAHOE PICS

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
i guess i'm confused don. everyone knows that ELEVATION 4 is going to be the first "Sled Film/Horror Flick". you know, a sort of 'thunderstuck' meets 'friday the 13th.' when i sat down to start planning the movie, i thought 'what could be the single most frightening piece of video to start the teaser with?' naturally, i came up with barb wire. an icon of fear globally recognized. i'm glad it had it's designed effect. i don't know why hollywood horror film directors don't use it more. instead of showing a scene of a disfigured, misunderstood axe murderer slicing the eyelids off of a hot, ***** blonde, they could REALLY stack up the fear-factor by simply cutting to a shot of a barbed wire fence with scary music. maybe i'm on to something here. LOL!!!

don, you crack me up dude... :)

jeff

Thank you for giving your plot and dialogue for the movie.
The angle and color dispersion of the shot made me think of a movie ... All quiet on the western front. Perhaps a couple helmets torn bibs, hard wind blowing snow drift across an ice view, on the fence with a sled at one end with a closeup of the wire entrenched into the belly of the machine, zoom out while it catches fire from the operator not knowing the wire is in the track and fries the engine.

For me trying to put the barb wire into a sledder's context made me think the snow was getting deep enough to have no boundaries but those darn memories keep popping up. Maybe I need more alcohol?

There's a critic on every corner.

Well, your getting the type of response you want.
Seems to be a point of view, no fear or know fear.

The horror , the horror of it all.

And for me the guy sliding off a cliff in the video and on the cover of TS was very , very exciting., I was concerned , curious and bought the video solely to discover the outcome of the incident. Even the multi angle shots with some very grainy was not enough. I wish there was more after the fact footage and discussion by the rider. And there was allcritcism about capitalizing on the accdent (on this forum) but I think it paid off financially and of content.

For me I enjoy the artist who runs us thru our moods of safety, joy, fear, excitement, rage and so on. The best of horror movies start out by creating an atmosphere of safety, boredom only to be ripped away by the horror of it all.

What the hell am I talking about?

You guys rock !!! Can't wait to see the release.

King o the Hill

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Long Beach, Ca
www.teamsummit.net
i'm keeping the music for elevation 4 and oberti's crash footy under raps until it comes out. i don't even want to put it in a teaser...its that good. i still need to get the video from hatcher and doug from their angles.

is it september yet?

j

Killing me man! I just talked to Doug last night he didn't know :face-icon-small-con that CD/DVD had over 700 MB :light:, his vid is 150 MB (Awesome by the way for grabbin and going so he didn't lose it).......I don't know if you have seen it yet, Doug's vid, (I didn't get a chance to sneak peeek yours) but you can LITERALLY see AO hangin from his handle bars as it is over the top of him RIGHT BEFORE he lets it loose...it is friggin crazy man, AO you are certifiably nuts, that is hangin it out! LITERALLY...I can't wait till Sept!

SUMMER SUX:mad:

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
Shoot, you have seen as much if not more than I have. Would love to see the video but I think JLowe will save it for the final copy.

K
Dec 11, 2007
I was just kidding you guys that do that stuff are insane i hope some day i will get some big peanuts and try that stuff. I bet there is a good rush when you climb through the rocks. There is no where to turn around so you have to pull it. How do you know what you can and can't do, i bet there is alot a judgement that is involved with that degree of climbing. My hat is off to anyone that is in these movie's these days. Are you guys done filming yet. How long do you ride for, my season was over a month ago. Again sorry i was just playin

o really there exman ur hats off to anyone that is in these movies these day huh?? well why are you making a big deal about davidoff winning the best performance in a snowmobile video award then???? and about a stock sled can pull the poop chute,cuzz that will never happen,i look at that chute every weekend and it's a montser!.... everybody go to the Crazy Canadian thread!!!! and read it lol

Premium Features