• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Iceage ELEVATE kit - interesting!!!

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Correct. Bombers are set up to replicate the exact stock geometry. The Elevate rails are different and by just adding the spindle you will not be able to achieve the same results.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
interesting that a '17 LTD (smaller drivers and no dropped case) uses the same rails as the ascender, and doesnt track stab.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
interesting that a '17 LTD (smaller drivers and no dropped case) uses the same rails as the ascender, and doesnt track stab.

Everyone forgets the drivers were also forward not just up. which gave extra clearance. Also the front of that sled was not raised the 2" while the rear skid was simulataneously dropped 1.5" (I have no idea what the actual number is) Probably less. Just raising the front would probably make it comparable to the 17 approach angle and could get away with it but when you also drop the rear that is likely when you run into issues. So you would only get half the benefit.

Last edited:

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
^hmm, i thought it was more of a drop than a roll on the case. and larger drivers also.
skid drops about .75" looks like to me.
id never suggest anyone try it on a non-dropped, just pointing out maybe the dropped case sleds could drop their skid .75" and not stab.
im friggin crazy I know it.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Looks like Ice Age is going to have to get on making an Alpha rail replacement for this to carry over to the new sleds.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Looks like Ice Age is going to have to get on making an Alpha rail replacement for this to carry over to the new sleds.

We will have Alpha kits in about 10 days. I also feel there will be guys installing twin rail skids in the 2020 mountain sleds......

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
We will have Alpha kits in about 10 days. I also feel there will be guys installing twin rail skids in the 2020 mountain sleds......

What about the track? to twin rail a Alpha you would need track and drivers?

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
how about a "stability kit" for those who miss the twin rail. couple extra outboard bogies and wider rear axle. on the pimp IceAge I beam stout rail..:eyebrows:

Snow Fever

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
BC
First off just want to say if your in Canada and you buy the Elevate Kit after ALL the dust settles it will cost you about 2900 dollars Canadian. This is not the fault of Ice Age its the cost of doing business if your Canadian. :face-icon-small-fro

Secondly the bushing swap is a pain in the a$$ and if I were to do it again I would buy new bushings for the front "H" arm (they are 3.95 each) and go that root.

The next issues which may be just with my kit or the fact that my sled is an early release 18' so some parts are different?;

1 - The blocks that hold the front outside idler wheels do not just bolt on, you have to notch out the blocks to clear the rib on the rail. (No mention of this in the instructions)
2 - There are no holes in the rails to mount Both the Limiter Strap cross shaft and the Anti Stab wheel shaft. So you need to put the limiter straps on the Anti Stab wheel shaft. If you push the straps as close together as you can on the "H" arm they will clear the Anti Stab wheels but not by much and you will have to keep an eye on the straps to make sure they don't slide over and start dragging on the wheels. (The stock shaft for the limiter straps are machined out so the straps stay in place. Not so on the Anti Stab wheels shaft)
3 - The holes in the sliders for the bolt that secures them to the rails were NOT drilled the same for either depth (one hole was not counter sunk very far) or distance from the end of the rail. (one fits tight to the front rail end cap, the other is almost 1/8" gap) That being said, I know Ice Age used to use Polaris Sliders in their Kits and if they still do, not surprised about the QC on the sliders.
4 - My rail slider blocks on the rear axle did not fit into the slot (You could probably pound them in with a hammer) but I filled them with a fine file carefully until they fit and would slide from front to back in the slot making sure they were snug, but not jamming.

The spindles were perfect!

Now forget the crazy Canadian price and the F@#$ing around to install the rails (spindles were straight forward) and I will say this after only 2 rides on the sled in crotch deep powder.

Damn does it work ! ! !

I have a 153" 18' my kid has a 162" 18' both early release and mine sits higher ALL the time even when we stop he always had snow piled in front of the "A" arms and nose cone and I never did (or almost never) My sled seems to ride better on the trail, carves side hills easier, dig way harder longer without getting stuck and it takes off way easier because its not pushing snow to get going. Its just plain and simple better over all except climbing back on in crotch deep powder is harder because its sits higher.

Attachments

• Rails.jpg
    Rails.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 278
  • Spindles.jpg
    Spindles.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 297
Premium Features