• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bleeding coolant system

M
Nov 27, 2007
manitoba, Canada
Hey guys. Just did a crank up rebuild on my 15 pro x switchback, sled is running fine but I’m wondering if these sleds have a special procedure for coolant bleeding? I ran it for a while with the cap off and bled screw open, then took it for a series of short 1 mile rides, stopping to open the cap and the bleed screw every time. Sleds wants to run at 145 degrees instead of 125. And we have plenty of soft snow. Any ideas?

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Did you bleed the system with the front of the sled higher than the rear bumper? If not, I'll bet there's air in the tunnel coolers. Lift the front higher that the rear, remove the coolant bottle cap. Open the bleed screw to make sure there's no air, if not, tighten bleed screw. Start the sled with it nose high and let come up to operating temps. Check coolant bottle for fluid level while it warms up.

D
Dec 2, 2012
Quahog
Do you have the owners manual. On those machines I believe you have to tilt the machine over on to right side to get the coolant at the right level to get the air out.

Premium Features