• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 gone down already??

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
All i can say is that anyone who still sends out beer kouzies in this day and age (among other things), gets a thumbs up in my books :)
cc6a3deb49ef453978a60d8cfcb7f08f.jpg

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
All i can say is that anyone who still sends out beer kouzies in this day and age (among other things), gets a thumbs up in my books :)

FMAO, you are correct! That was great to see with my purchase as well. KMod sends them too, I was at a tailgate party, lost my KMod kouzy. That one was really nice to look at! Lol

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Dang i dont think i got one from kmod, i will be ordering some upper bj's so maybe they will send with that.

bigchevrolet

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2008
northern mn

I almost have enough to keep a whole 12 pack cool!!! and a few Fancy MAGNETS as well

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
Leak down test

Before anyone does a reflash, you should first do a cylinder leak down test.

Motor Performance before the reflash...... And performance results after reflash are worthless without leak down numbers.

The big problem with reflashes is...... ( we do NOT know the leak down % on the sled Polaris is using for the mapping ).

Are they using a brand new motor ? With 3-1/2% leak down?

Are they using a 500 mile motor ? With 1-1/2% leak down that had a great cylinder finish and rings sealed up nice ?

Are they using a 500 mile motor ? With 7% leak down that has rings that are on their way out the door...... ( basicly junk )

You see if we knew everyone's numbers...... Then we could see who's sleds the reflash works on and if there is a correlation to the leak down numbers.

And there will be........

If you build a map on a sub-par motor the map is basicly worthless to everyone except another guy with the same sub-par motor with the exact same leak down.

If you build a map on a broke in motor with 1-1/2% leak down...... The Map will be awesome for everyone with a good solid top-end with good % numbers.

As I have said...... All the different results are worthless to the masses without leak down numbers

Dan

Last edited:

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Hi sledders! I am the leak ness monster and I will eat you if a leakdown test is not performed. RAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!
2e090931ae4e432e06dd829f5a2d7e47.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Hi sledders! I am the leak ness monster and I will eat you if a leakdown test is not performed. RAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!
2e090931ae4e432e06dd829f5a2d7e47.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Now dat some funny chit !!
I keep checking this thread looking for 2 things, first and foremost some intelligent 2stroke info (IndyDan) and 2nd, good humour:face-icon-small-hap
It would be very good for the consumer if all these small glitches in new engine design would be quickly brought forth instead of being hidden behind smoke by the manufacturer's. It is not a brand thing, it is a corporate thing. SD dealer in my town has lots of 850's on the benches, but impossible to get good info as to WHY!
Pol dealer who I'm guessing sold no more than 20 units, installed a turbo on riding buddies 850, who is also ex employee, took it out for test and blew it up in first 20 mins. Story is PTO bearings moved on crank, but problem was traced to small string of assembly problems pertaining to traceable serial numbers and failure rate on 850 is between 1-1.5%. Well what did that sound like??
And with my limited math skills only having proof of one in 20ish failure I'm coming up with 5%. LOL

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
My buddy got his sled back from the dealer. They believe a Sensor was bad and effecting the fuel mapping. New sensor and reloaded mapping. I am hoping he is good now. He said with clutching to 8150 and when it is running well you better hold on. And when I say that we are currently at sea level so there is a lot more HP than up an 10,000 ft. I believe his clutch is loaded up from MDS at 82-83 grams now.

Well the sled ran spot on all weekend. The new sensor and new mapping must of done the trick.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Motor Performance before the reflash...... And performance results after reflash are worthless without leak down numbers.
The big problem with reflashes is...... ( we do NOT know the leak down % on the sled Polaris is using for the mapping ).
Are they using a 500 mile motor ? With 1-1/2% leak down that had a great cylinder finish and rings sealed up nice ?
Are they using a 500 mile motor ? With 7% leak down that has rings that are on their way out the door...... ( basicly junk )
You see if we knew everyone's numbers...... Then we could see who's sleds the reflash works on and if there is a correlation to the leak down numbers.
If you build a map on a sub-par motor the map is basicly worthless to everyone except another guy with the same sub-par motor with the exact same leak down.
If you build a map on a broke in motor with 1-1/2% leak down...... The Map will be awesome for everyone with a good solid top-end with good % numbers.
As I have said...... All the different results are worthless to the masses without leak down numbers

Dan

Although I don't have an 850 Patriot, I do have a boosted 800HO & a BMP 860 engine so I'm taking Dan's advice. I have this leak down tester on the way:

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan

Dan

Dan
Could you post a video on doing a proper leak down test? I'm sure there are tons of guys that are interested in doing it properly.
Thanks

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
Dan
Could you post a video on doing a proper leak down test? I'm sure there are tons of guys that are interested in doing it properly.
Thanks

Yes we have ordered a bunch of ( ow cost testers ) that should be here soon.

And we will also get a video done as soon as the season slows down a little.

We are to busy now..... But as soon as we get a little breathing room we will get it done.

Dan

Premium Features