• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SKS 155 vs RMK Assault - Boondocking

IFlyEm

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2008
Temecula, CA
Ok this is a follow up thread to my previous one that was looking at the PRO-RMK 155. To reiterate I have a SBA 800 but I am looking for something a little more geared to off trail riding. Specifically a 155 to boondock in the Midwest (some ditch riding and off trail riding in Munising generally) and take out to the Snowies. There will be some trail riding but my focus is off trail and getting into the mountains. Not looking to high mark so I don't really want a 163+ at this point.

The 2 sleds that seem to fit my needs the most are the SKS 155 and the RMK Assault. I "want" the RMK because....well....it's an RMK. And it does seem to be a little more robust except being down a cooler.

My biggest reservation about the RMK is the wide stance. Its wider than my SBA. It's not the easiest sled to get on it's side. Especially compared the the SKS. I drove that for a very short demo and, frankly, didn't like it. It was REALLY tipsy at a 39" stance. That all changed when I got to the open field were the meat of the ride happened. It was the first time I drove a sled that would carve virtually by just leaning. I ended up loving it. My question is does the Assault get on edge easy? I know its wide but there is no sway bar and I could always soften up the front end.

SKS - Looks like a great overall sled.
  • Better Cooling
  • Available with the 850
  • Narrow Ski Stance - 39/40/41"
  • Aluminum A-arms

RMK Assault
  • Better Shocks
  • Steel A-arms
  • Only comes with the 800
  • Wide Ski Stance - 41.5/42.5/43.5"
  • No Swaybar

Any and all input is more than welcome!

Thanks!

pauly815

Premium Member
Oct 9, 2011
park city ut
Make a wider longer extended snow flap if you get an Axys 155, recycles more snow back into the tunnel. I run 103-110 with both scratchers down on the groomer getting to the goods.

Premium Features