• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 Pro RMK tunnel

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Xcelerated Performance, Good pix.

Are the CR coolers Physically larger than the PRO's? Have fins?
If you have time... could you post up pics of the inside of the tunnel/coolers?

What was the cost of the tunnel with coolers?

Does it plumb into the front in the same locations?

How much time to dissassemble/de-bond/install/reassemble the sled to install??

Was the tunnel thrashed?

Thx!

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Here's some pix of the tunnel stiffner kit from AKsnowrider

DSC00667.jpg

DSC00603.jpg

DSC00604.jpg

DSC00614.jpg

mtnpull

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Heber City, Utah
www.uintarecreation.com
BTW, our resident self proclaimed polaris expert will likely move this WTB ad to a less likely to be seen location for your ease and convenience. Luckily you've gotten a few good, positive responses prior to being moved to a dark hole where nobody will see it. lol.

Okay, I have gotten a number of "bad" post ratings from this thread. Of which I really don't give a crap about. (I actually find it entertaining)

But let me just point out exactly why I called out anybody in the first place.
The OP stated:

Wrecked my sled a few weeks ago. Now that I have been waiting on parts to show up to fix it I find out that Polaris has backordered the tunnel until febuary 11. Does anyone know where I can find a tunnel for a 2013 155 pro RMK ASAP?!?

This is clearly a WTB post in an section where we are told they will be moved if posted here. Notice this poster has gotten a ton of good positive feedback from myself and others because of it's visibility. If it were moved it would have 0 feedback. I made nearly an identical thread about a week earlier and it was moved within a hour or two of posting and guess how many responses it has? 0. Why do you think I know that an assault tunnel would work and is available? I had to figure it out when I had no SW feedback and the dealers said N/A on the original.

So if MH was truly unbiased this thread would have been moved quickly as well. Personally I am glad it's still here because even though the OP only has one post to the forum he has gotten a ton of GREAT feedback. Kind of the point of putting it in this section. If it's not of general interest to folks it will slowly filter it's way off the 1st page anyways.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Lots of good info in this thread and that's great.
But I'm curious as well why this didn't get moved like mine did a month ago when I needed a part to save my vacation?

X

Xcelerated performance

Dec 13, 2010
man i thought it was a good thread showing people the options of the stock tunnel vs the after market tunnels and stiffeners. i personally think it should be moved back to the polaris pro section.

on the CR racing tunnel the coolers are larger and have fins, also the go down the sides like the pro but at the back the have a u shape that comes forward in the middle of the tunnel too. better coolers and more capacity.

they are a simple bolt on using your factory bolts and the coolers hook up in the same location as the factory ones do.

it is hard to say how much time was spent on just the tunnel as the sled was totally stripped the only thing that was left was the bulkhead. i would say you could do it in under 8 hours easy.

the old tunnel was bent from the previous owner landing on the tail of it. and it was a 155 and we went to a 163.

as for the cost you would have to call as each tunnel is different depending on what you want, boards, coolers, powder coating, etc.

i would recommend CR Racing any day for there tunnels.

mtnpull

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Heber City, Utah
www.uintarecreation.com
man i thought it was a good thread showing people the options of the stock tunnel vs the after market tunnels and stiffeners. i personally think it should be moved back to the polaris pro section.

on the CR racing tunnel the coolers are larger and have fins, also the go down the sides like the pro but at the back the have a u shape that comes forward in the middle of the tunnel too. better coolers and more capacity.

they are a simple bolt on using your factory bolts and the coolers hook up in the same location as the factory ones do.

it is hard to say how much time was spent on just the tunnel as the sled was totally stripped the only thing that was left was the bulkhead. i would say you could do it in under 8 hours easy.

the old tunnel was bent from the previous owner landing on the tail of it. and it was a 155 and we went to a 163.

as for the cost you would have to call as each tunnel is different depending on what you want, boards, coolers, powder coating, etc.

i would recommend CR Racing any day for there tunnels.

I am guessing this is not something that is in stock? Most custom / aftermarket are built as ordered and have a lead time. Is that the case here?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Not sure who moved this... not me.... you guys have been putting some good info here.

Heck, I'm participating in it!

Also... a good reason the PRO Parts counter is there in this section. To put your PRO parts needs and sales related to them at the top of this forum.

I get complaints from a lot of people that WTB or sales threads are posted in the non-swap forums... LOTS.
Majority rules. I did the Parts counter to help our members have items relevent to the forum in plain view. Use it, there are no other forums that do this... including BCR... nor another brand forum on this website.

If someone needs an emergency part to get them back on the snow to save a vacation.. I don't move it as that is what is one of our strengths here... sledders helping each other in an emergency situation.

If it's not an emergency to save a trip... then I generally try to move it rather than delete it AND I also do a 1 day re-direct so that the post is not lost.... that is very fair and I bend the rules for this... rather than delete it like most other forums.

There is a difference between looking for stocking-dealers and looking for used parts.

Again... I volunteer my time here, happily... if you have concerns, please give me the courtesy of sending me a PM with them.

MH.

Last edited:
S
Feb 11, 2010
Sorry for not replying sooner. I am in need of an entire chassis assembly. It caused a little more damage than I originally thought. New assembly should be here sooner than later hopefully. It destroyed the bulkhead and bulkhead floor on impact. There are a lot of awesome posts on this thread thanks for all the help. Ill post a few picks of the bulkhead later.

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
:focus:... stephenelgiar, post up a pic of your tunnel... Where is it bent/damaged?... could you get by with the extended Vanamberg or Power Addiction racing. Bumper/Tunnel sides and bang out the tunnel underneath?

If you do go the way of the tunnel... Like others have said.. you have different options... The Assault tunnel... and also the tunnels with the different color drop bracket reinforcement on the outside of the tunnel.

1018868-1241 Asm., Tunnel, 155 Service, Nat/MBlack

1018868-1145 Asm., Tunnel, 155 Service, Nat/Red

1018869-1241 Asm., Tunnel, 155 Service, Nat/MBlack (Assault)

1018869-1145
Asm., Tunnel, 155 Service, Nat/Red (Assault)

Do not forget to buy enough adhesive and the right rivets for the job... You will also destroy the bulkhead floor (#5251891) when you disassemble the bulkhead from the tunnel.

Make sure you do not overheat the parts to release the adhesive on the belt drive bearing plate, front tunnel closeoff, and the RH & LH side braces.. you could weaken them from the heat.

Practice with the adhesive on some scrap.. that stuff sets up in about 5 minutes...so you have to have all of your tools laid out and be ready to go.

LORD 406/19GB adhesive much cheaper than Polaris CLICK HERE

Depending on your patience level...and if you want to de-bond/re-bond and assemble the bulkhead assembly... a complete chassis at about $1000 more than the tunnel alone might make sense...Street price is around $2200 for the complete chassis with the bulkhead and Quickdrive bearing plate already aligned and assembled to the tunnel... ready to accept your parts.

2204910-1241 Kit, MY13 6/8 PRO 155 RMK Chassis, Nat/MBlack [Incl. Bulkhead and Chaincase]

2204910-1145 Kit, MY13 6/8 PRO 155 RMK Chassis, Nat/Red [Incl. Bulkhead and Chaincase]

2204913-1241 Kit, MY 13 Chassis, 155 w/Chassis Cooler, Nat/MBlack [Incl. Bulkhead]

2204912-1241 Kit, MY13 800 Assault. 155 RMK Chassis, Nat/MBlack [Incl. Bulkhead and Chaincase]

2204912-1145 Kit, MY13 800 Assault. 155 RMK Chassis, Nat/Red [Incl. Bulkhead and Chaincase][Retro]

I have a wrinkled tunnel on a 2015. Are these part numbers available to the general public to find or does Mountainhorse have the the decoder sheet.

My local dealer was no help. Told me they would order what I need but would not give me any part numbers.

Premium Features