• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ran out of fuel, now won’t start.

I
Jan 4, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Moral of this story, don’t run your sled out of fuel, to suck up moisture from your tank and then let it freeze in your injectors, and then hook up battery to fuel pump to prime the system because it all went into the intake and flooded it. Which caused the hydrolock, and my grip was stronger then the timing key.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Ok, so the starter uses the key stock on the crank to turn the engine over?
The timing key is only half as thick and possibly weaker steel.
When the engine was hydrolocked, u pulled the starter and sheared the timing key.

Sounds like ur a big man... lol.

Last edited:
I
Jan 4, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
It uses mainly friction, the taper of the shaft end match the flywheel. So when you tighten that bolt to secure the flywheel. The friction from the shaft to flywheel should keep it stationary. The keyway is for alignment for timing. There is never any shock load to the flywheel so there is no need to have a large shaft end like on the Pto side. But like I said, it really gave me a tug that first time. Had both hands on the recoil to tug it hard. It got momentum on the 3/4 rotation and then stopped dead and bounced back probably a lot of force. That cobra pullcord didn’t even snap, but I sure felt it lol.

Last edited:
Premium Features