• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How to Fix the Dials from spinning on BCA Link Radios

alstar

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
North of Duluth, MN
I know this has been a discussion in the past, but what have you found to be the best fix to the dials being bumped and causing them to spin. I've seen make a gasket out of 1/32nd silicone and another about a dab of hot glue. Suggestions on the best fix are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Not the best solution but I ended up changing all the channels to the same so if it gets bumped it stays on the same channel.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Missy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Samak, UT
www.MissysRealEstate.com
We used electrical tape around the dial so that it won't move at all. Easy to remove if you want to change the channel. BCA created a new version this year that has that corrected.

Long Gone

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Twin Falls, Idaho
I’m glad someone else had this issue too, I thought no one was talking to me...

Any solution to the microphone cord coming unplugged?

alstar

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
North of Duluth, MN
Not the best solution but I ended up changing all the channels to the same so if it gets bumped it stays on the same channel.

How do you program them to all be the same? Does it run through it in the manual?

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
How do you program them to all be the same? Does it run through it in the manual?
It shows you in the manual. I just changed a b c d e to the channel that we use which is 51 for area 51!
I haven't come up with a fix for the volume yet.

alstar

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
North of Duluth, MN
Thanks for the input. I think I am going to try an o-ring or rubber washer under the dial first and see how that works.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
sell em and get a different brand. Between them changing channels and shoulder mic's crapping out(8 radios) I was too frustrated with them to want to make them work.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
You HAVE to know how to program your channels.
And it's silly easy.

One way to keep the helmet from turning the channel is to put the radio an inch or two lower on your lapel or shoulder strap. It will still be plenty close enough to communicate through

Yes the 2.0 radios fixed the problem by creating a more recessed dial so the helmet doesn't hit it. Seems to work well so far this season.

Premium Features