• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Install Electric Start on Phazer II

C
Oct 10, 2001
Cedar City, UT
So I could use your opinion. How difficult is it so install electric start system on a non electric start phazer II 1992. I have a donor machine 1985 phazer so I would think it is pretty much plug and play with exception of ring gear on flywheel and installing starter.

What has been your experience? Any advice? It is for my daughter's starter sled.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Givemeaboost

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, MT
I'm not familiar with the phazer but have done a couple of 700 mountaln maxes. I would think that they would be about the same.You'll need to pull the exhaust to mount the starter and a clutch puller to get the clutches off to switch the ring gear. Make sure to loctite the bolts on the ring gear. The ignition switch should have a start position built into it. I put electric start on a 01mm off my 97 that I sold and it works great.

Ken..........

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
E start install

I did it on my 1991 and I had to replace the complete harness from the battery to up in behind the headlight. Plugs are different and key switch aswell.

Premium Features