• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

16 Axys display shuts off when I push set on console

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
Still haven't had this sled up yet, but i noticed that it has a funny quirk.

When it's running the display shuts off when you hit the consoles set button. It stays off as long as the button is held. Holding a little throttle to bring rpm up on it doesn't help.
Also, there is a noticeable difference in the exhaust note when it does this. I don't know if the timing is moving or what but it sounds slightly different like when it's in reverse. And no, it's not switching into reverse.

Any ideas?

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
So the changes in sound is from the power valves opening. I pulled the hood off to watch and it didn't do it. I put the hood back on, plugged in the display, and hit the set button on console.

Sure enough, when I hit the button the power valves open.

Why would it do this?

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
So the changes in sound is from the power valves opening. I pulled the hood off to watch and it didn't do it. I put the hood back on, plugged in the display, and hit the set button on console.

Sure enough, when I hit the button the power valves open.

Why would it do this?

The E-VES valves have to be powered to be in the fully closed position. Somehow, power is being cut to them when you push the button. Anyone around you have a 16 Axys you can put their hood on and connect and see if the problem is simply in the MFD.

That is where I would start.

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
I would bet that the wires going to that switch under the console have rubber through or got pinched and are shorting out. That would be my first place to start.

Premium Features