• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IF YOU FEEL YOU HAVE "BUZZING" VIBRATION IN YOUR BARS... THIS MAY HELP.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
MH NOTE: moved from other thread to keep that one on topic.

If you feel you have a "buzzing" vibe in your bars.... this is a good product to use to damp the vibes.

I'm not saying that ANY sled needs this or not... just some product info to put out there.

I've had good luck with this
Bar-BuzzKill which has worked well for me on 'buzzy' sleds and bikes.

Grip N Rip racing sells this and you can also order directly.

BuzzBarKillTubes.jpg

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Christopher...Grip N Rip sells it (you'll probably be getting other stuff from them too ;) )

It's a great product on anything that "buzzes"

http://www.gripnripracing.com/index.php?id_product=109&controller=product

133-large_default.jpg

Bar Buzz Kill

Bar Buzz Kill is a custom designed gel formula that greatly reduces handlebar vibration. Also acts as an insulator to keep handlebar heater output focused on the metal bars instead of the cold airspace sucking heat away from the bars.

Easy application uses a standard caulking tube gun. Simply insert the supplied tube all the way in the end of the bar and slowly inject three full pumps into each end of the bar. One tube will treat up to 3 sets of handlebars. Can be used on ATVs, dirt bikes, street bikes and sleds. Here is a testimonial:

GOOD STUFF , THIS GELL WORKS DANDY IN BOTH MY M800 MOUNTAIN SLEDS , AND BELIEVE ME THESE THINGS VIBRATE . Like you iam a MX for life activist (lol) but now ive traded that sand and tires for snow and hills . I suffer ,from all those years of abuse, tendonitis in both my elbows and one wrist , prior to using YOUR Product , BAR BUZZ KILL , i would suffer after each ride , not any more , thanx a million , this is the best , most price effective cure ive tried so far for keeping ME out playing in the back country , and ive tries bars and weights , at an expensive disappointment , so i DO have something to compare your product to ... THANX again

Availability: In Stock
BBK-0003A

$35.00

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
No kidding...some of those shaker Polaris 900's were real bad. XP's when the motor mounts are dust...

And my CR500 will numb your hands and lower arms...

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Why wouldn't Gap and Cracks Insulating Foam Sealant stuff like one can get at Home Depot work?

Attachments

• Gap Crack Insulation.jpg
    Gap Crack Insulation.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 27
T

towerrigger

Jul 9, 2008
Gaps and cracks doesn't work. The product needs oxygen to set. Once you spray it into the bars the ends seal up nice but the inner bar is full of product that is basically goo. I tried this years ago and it made a mess. Don't doo it.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
This stuff is not silicone... not even close.

Silicone works "OK" ...
This stuff works VERY well.

Guess I WON'T BE BUYING any of this Buzz Kill!!
They are out of their freaking mind if they think I am going to pay $26 for a single tube to be shipped.

Total products (tax excl.) <table id="cart_summary" class="std table"><tfoot><tr class="cart_total_price "><td>Buzz Kill
</td><td class="price" id="total_product">$35.00</td> </tr> <tr class="cart_total_delivery"> <td>Total shipping</td> <td class="price" id="total_shipping">$26.00</td> </tr> <tr class="cart_total_price "> <td>Total (tax excl.)</td> <td class="price" id="total_price_without_tax"> $61.00 </td> </tr> <tr class="cart_total_tax"> <td>Total tax</td> <td class="price" id="total_tax">$0.00</td> </tr> <tr class="cart_total_price cart_last_tr"> <td class="total_price_container" id="total_price_container"> Total </td> <td class="price" id="total_price"> $61.00</td></tr></tfoot></table>

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Who... the main company or GNR?

There are others... I think I may have even ordered mine on Amazon last year.

It is not about "caulking" or sealing the bars... This is a viscous-dampling polymer that has a fair amount of mass for it's volume... and zero rebound...IE, if you were to mold a "super ball" of this stuff and throw it hard at the floor...It would not bounce at all...

Foam or silicone does not do this...

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Sure you wrote the correct address, it's only $15 to ship one can to IF. $17 for 2 cans.......

No I didn't order any.....

Guess I WON'T BE BUYING any of this Buzz Kill!!
They are out of their freaking mind if they think I am going to pay $26 for a single tube to be shipped.

Total products (tax excl.) <table id="cart_summary" class="std table"><tfoot><tr class="cart_total_price "><td>Buzz Kill
</td><td class="price" id="total_product">$35.00</td></tr><tr class="cart_total_delivery"><td>Total shipping</td><td class="price" id="total_shipping">$26.00</td></tr><tr class="cart_total_price "><td>Total (tax excl.)</td><td class="price" id="total_price_without_tax"> $61.00 </td></tr><tr class="cart_total_tax"><td>Total tax</td><td class="price" id="total_tax">$0.00</td></tr><tr class="cart_total_price cart_last_tr"><td class="total_price_container" id="total_price_container"> Total </td><td class="price" id="total_price"> $61.00</td></tr></tfoot></table>

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Why wouldn't Gap and Cracks Insulating Foam Sealant stuff like one can get at Home Depot work?

Been using "great stuff" in my bars for years and never had a problem. I use it to help heater output, but can't say as I've had any vibration issues since I've been using it.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Been using "great stuff" in my bars for years and never had a problem. I use it to help heater output, but can't say as I've had any vibration issues since I've been using it.

Did you have any "goo" in the bars like towerrigger reported he had? Or did it set up good for you?

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Did you have any "goo" in the bars like towerrigger reported he had? Or did it set up good for you?

It's set up at all the holes in the bars, so as far as I know it's all set up. When installing it it will definitely ooze out of any openings for a while as it expands and it does not clean up easily so make sure you got something, i.e. paper or rags or something, to catch the drippings. Once it's set up I've never had any issues with goo or anything.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
As for the vibration damping, from my direct personal experience... on the same sled... one of the worst buzzers, a 2005 900-RMK... the foam does not even come close to comparing with the Buzzkill in terms of vibration damping.

A lot of people have a lot of different reactions to vibrations... people with carpal tunnel.... it can make riding downright un-workable... and this stuff can help.
Same is true for bikes and sleds alike...some have no issues and find it hard to believe that people can have issues... others, well, it can ruin a work week after a weekend of riding.

I've tried the foam... It does fully setup after a few days... It makes a tiny bit of diff in bar heater... but not on the Newer doos... the cork takes care of it... On the G4's, the heaters can be programmed by dealer with the "buds" system to be hotter or cooler too.

Last edited:
Premium Features