• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sidewinder Clutching

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
I was happy to see Yamaha finally put a flat profile weight in the sled. But I was disappointed to see they put a weak primary spring in...just a longer weak spring...lol.

Working with Dalton on a quick fix and the testing has had awesome results. No more lazy clutching. Dalton is making a custom helix next week and after final testing the parts needed will be posted here.

Last edited:
S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Ok final testing for low altitude guys next week but I have what I think is a winner. On test sled at 11k altitude boost lag went from about 2 seconds to close enough to instant that we could no longer feel it boost. Gary like it so much he would not give my test parts back and paid me for them....lol.

After final testing who would be interested in the Sidewinder kit for $200.00? I have to order 10 to get the custom helix built, so I am gauging interest to see if it is worth doing. Also posted this on a sidewinder site so might only need a few interested here.

Premium Features