• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

who takes DSLR cameras out with them.

E

Ed Fast

Jan 22, 2004
Gillette WYO
My Nikon lives in a Pelican case, I have been thinking about getting the guys at Mountain addiction to send me just the plastic part of the tunnel bag they make and another set of rails. The plastic part of the Tunnel bag they make is basically just the gas can with the top cut off it. I would then cut the plastic part down so I just had the flat bottom part of the can, then bold it to my pelican case, this way the bottom of my pelican case would be able to slide onto a set of Mountain addiction rails mounted behind my gas can. Hope this makes sense.

I am with you. That new linq system is nice. I want to somehow like you mount my pelican directly to my sled with the ability to take it off in the event of a large climb or jump. easy on easy off pelican should be marketed I think there would be a large market for it.

A
Nov 16, 2010
Idaho
I also use a pelican case to carry a Nikon D3100 with two different lenses. No troubles at all. This will be the third year doing it this way.

I would love a better way to secure the case to the tunnel than bunjie straps though.

E

Ed Fast

Jan 22, 2004
Gillette WYO
cases

You guys got me excited and I pulled the trigger on a bunch of mountain addiction stuff. I am going to mount my pelican too. I should hold my small camcorder and my t1i. we will see.

C

Cascade Crud

Nov 21, 2008
Sultan WA
I am with you. That new linq system is nice. I want to somehow like you mount my pelican directly to my sled with the ability to take it off in the event of a large climb or jump. easy on easy off pelican should be marketed I think there would be a large market for it.

I'd buy one... t4i plus lens in the float 22 is a bit crowded.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Thought about doing that. How does it do if you roll your sled over? Sturdy enough to take a roll or two?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E

Ed Fast

Jan 22, 2004
Gillette WYO
Roll over

I do not know just put it together. I assume so. if it is a big pull I will leave my crap at the bottom

Carbon77

Lifetime Membership
Jun 12, 2008
Yakivegas, WA
I rock my D800, 70-200 2.8 and a 24-70 2.8 inside a Lowepro TLZ bag inside of my BCA Float 30. Still have room for my food, down, and a couple other items. Always carry my spare battery in a chest pocket, usually rubber banded to a hotties pack.

I would never trust my gear to be inside of anything strapped to my sled, your sled/tunnel absorbs twice as many bumps as your backpack does, I dont care how much padding you have, if you have a valuable set of gear, keep it strapped to yourself.

jheitzman

Lifetime Membership
Jun 18, 2011
Milltown, SD
Bad thing about the linQ mounts is they're only good for 8# per mount. For all my wife's photo gear she would need 3-4 mounts. I went with a pelican box. Water tight and tough. I used 4 SS butterfly latches to hold it to the tunnel. Just as fast and simple as linQ system IMO. Got some pics if anyone would like.

Josh

griffin86

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2008
I ended up getting an F-stop Satori backpack for sledding. Really nice stuff.

I carry my D4, D800, 70-200 f2.8, 35mm f1.4, 85mm f1.4, 14-24mm f2.8. I also have the option to carry my 200-400 f4 attached to it.

It's quick to get your camera out and you can carry a tripod or light stands too.

Vics Action Shots

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2013
Indiana
www.VicsActionShots.com
Powder keg

I really love the Powder Keg that straps on to my tunnel. It is very handy and keeps my camera off my back. I can put a camera and a couple lens in it along with some other things I want to keep perfectly dry.

Clutched Films

Lifetime Membership
Canon & Dakine

We use a Canon 5D Mark3 and run a Dakine camera bag. Bags been threw the ringer, Rider OTB, ripped off the sled hung up on trees, fell into tree well's back pack first. Never damaged any camera gear. We use Giant Loop bags & straps to haul all of our jibs and tripod gear mounted on the tunnel.

Attachments

• Dekine Back Pack.jpg
    Dekine Back Pack.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 20
D
Dec 17, 2008
Bellingham
Easiest access

If I don't have easy access, I never use the camera. I ski tour with a dslr on a chest mount. I was going to try it this season on the sled too.

Peak_Design_Capture_PRO_0001-300x204.png

I sometimes use a shower cap over the camera in rain or snow.

I usually bring a 6D and 28-300mm. My 16-35mm it the lens of choice if I feel like bringing a second lens.

Use to have an SL1 which was very light and compact. I could see this or something like the sony A7 being more comfortable and out of the way riding.

Premium Features