• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Apex VS Viper

G
Jul 21, 2010
Having rode both a 270 hp viper and my 290ish apex. Down the trail they handle very close. We didn't have much for powder that day but I did find it sidehilled easier. My apex is not set up for sidehilling. For the few extra pound the engine weighs I would stick with the apex it spools quicker and pulls harder. JMO

V
Apr 10, 2008
Enderby B.C.
To each their own.

I like my apex, but for me it has limitations due to the weight and agility. I am hoping to fine tune it so I can be more comfortable, but it will never be a pro rmk. If money was not an option, I would go with a new viper, but I have what I have for less than 1/4 of a new turbo viper.

R

Remmy

Dec 28, 2003
I have both. The Apex motor is incredible, but a boosted Viper is a much more rounded sled. Superior handling for sure and still makes good power.

R

Remmy

Dec 28, 2003
Someone will transplant an Apex engine in a Viper and that will be the cats ***!! I'm not impressed with the 1050 3 cylinder. Might as well buy a 1100T AC. I'm not sure what the weight difference is between the nytro/viper engine and the apex engine but boosted I know the apex makes more hp per pound. JMO

The 1100t handles like a turd compared to the Viper..jmo

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
The 1100t handles like a turd compared to the Viper..jmo quote.

That's pretty weird statement even on the Yamaha section.

Owen

Premium Features