• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Questions on an 02' Ski Doo Summit 800 Highmark X

B
Feb 14, 2014
I've read all the forums I can to gather some information on my sled. Does anyone know if it is true that I can take a starter rewind off of a newer Ski Doo, that is built better than the plastic one that I have currently shelled, and use it on my 02' Ski Doo Summit 800? If so, what years and models/sizes?

Second question: I would like to put a replacement exhaust than the factory mid-pipe and aftermarket burnt-out can I currently have. I don't have the cash for new, but I would like to see what I can find used. Does anyone out there have a slightly-used can for my 02' Ski Doo Summit 800?

jheitzman

Lifetime Membership
Jun 18, 2011
Milltown, SD
Yes the pull ropes from the newer sleds bolt right up to the 02. I just did that this weekend. $150 from ski doo gets you everything even a new handle. I also have a sno stuff rumble pack can that'll fit the 02x and the 03 I'll sell you.

Josh

B
Feb 14, 2014
Could you possibly give me the part name and part number that you purchased from Ski Doo?

Also, could you give me some details as to the sno stuff rumble pack? Is this a new can? What are you wanting for it?

jheitzman

Lifetime Membership
Jun 18, 2011
Milltown, SD
This bolted right up on my 02. The part numbers are on the paper if you can see them. Pm me your email and I'll send you a pic or 2 of the can. It is a used one id prolly sell it for $100. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Josh

image.jpg

B
Feb 14, 2014
Another question on the side: Have you ever removed the sway bar on these sleds? My brother had this one before and he weighs about 235-240 and he didn't have too much trouble maneuvering this sled. I weigh about 180 and I have a little trouble getting this sled to lean. If I do take it out, does it make it as squirrely down the trail as people have said?

jheitzman

Lifetime Membership
Jun 18, 2011
Milltown, SD
I've taken the sway bars out of every zx I own! Way easier to maneuver! Also switch the radius rods out with ball joint ones I make. Frees up the front end considerably!

Josh

Premium Features