• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Drift ghost camera

M
Oct 11, 2009
MN
Looking to upgrade my camera for the season. Anyone use a drift ghost camera last year ? How was battery life in the cold? I am using a tachyon Xc camera that will last for over 3 hours in the cold. That's over three days of video on average for me.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I've got the Drift HD. I like it-I think. I'm still new to it. Battery life wasn't bad, it ran continuously for about 3.5 hours before I realized it was on. The remote on/ off takes a little getting used to. Another thing I complain about is the view and the sound. I'm sure it's in the settings somewhere (operator malfunction), but the sound is always off by about 3-5 seconds. Again I think it's that I have something not set right, but it's annoying none the less. These are just my new user comments, I do really like it.

D
Jan 2, 2008
n45.38w116.18
using the drift hd. great cam, and customer support is great but i am on my third one since january. camera would power up but nothing on the lcd so i couldnt use it. sent it back under warrenty, they sent a new one, month or two later same thing. another new one, working great so far.... but i am just waiting for it to quit again. maybe they have the bugs worked out this time. great cam, easy to use and all software update are available online. drift has taken care of me so far.
2 to 3 hour battery life in -5 f weather.

D

Desperado

Nov 29, 2007
New Meadows
Drift

Pretty good camera when they work, I've had the same problem with my Drift HD in it powering down and then having a very hard time getting it to come back to life. I fought it for a year, by the time I decided to contact drift it was out of warranty. I was SOL tossed the camera as far as I could and got a gopro...Much happier

C
Nov 26, 2007
Kootenays!
I have the early drift, bigger orange and black unit. Thing has been unreal, never any odd issues it seems others are having...? Think I've used it 3 years now between sledding and quadding with far too many wipeouts with it on my melon. I can't complain, and the camera hasn't fell off my lid unlike the 20 or so go pros buddies have lost lol.

Premium Features