• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 Mountain Max rumor thread

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Well the new 3 cylinder x-plane engine is now released. Anchorage Yamaha has a brand new cycle on the floor with the motor, FZ9. I was told it produces 120hp. Sounds nice but not enough power there for the new mtx machine. The new engine must still be under wraps.

without a turbo it makes 120hp:face-icon-small-win with a turbo:face-icon-small-sho

Cooksend

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
I would love to see a reworked SRX Triple at about 800cc with direct fuel injection sitting in a Rider Forward design coming in at a dry 450ish... No sound like a high revving triple bangin' across the mountain side!

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
I would love to see a reworked SRX Triple at about 800cc with direct fuel injection sitting in a Rider Forward design coming in at a dry 450ish... No sound like a high revving triple bangin' across the mountain side!

I have a beat up Mountain Max out back and an RX1 with engine issues and the temptation to put the 700 triple in the RX1 is almost overpowering....lol.

TRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE!

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2008
Northwest, MT
I have a beat up Mountain Max out back and an RX1 with engine issues and the temptation to put the 700 triple in the RX1 is almost overpowering....lol.

This has been done. Its not easy buy has been done... I recall seeing it on the TY forums a couple years ago. Some guy in Sweden or Iceland.
If I remember right it weighed the pretty much same as it did in the two stroke chassis in the end.

T

Tarzannr1

Aug 16, 2010
North in Norway
www.youtube.com
Well the new 3 cylinder x-plane engine is now released. Anchorage Yamaha has a brand new cycle on the floor with the motor, FZ9. I was told it produces 120hp. Sounds nice but not enough power there for the new mtx machine. The new engine must still be under wraps.
Thats WAY to little HP!! 160-170 hp without turbo than we are speaking! I realy hope the new engine that will sitt in a new mtx mountain have minimum 160hp and that it is made for turbo convertion. Strong rods that can handle 350 hp ;)

Jago

Premium Member
Nov 4, 2011
Anchorage, Alaska
Merely stretching the Viper and turbocharging the current genesis engine for the 2015 mtx release does not seem to square with what Yamaha announced last year:

" Partnering with YMC Japan, development is already underway on state-of-the-art four-stroke high-technology snowmobile engines, which will take us into a completely new dimension of performance, and new sled platforms. And did I mention that was engines, plural?

They said development was already underway of new four-stroke engines. Hopefully that means one N/A version cranking out 180 hp! Can they pull off that 'new dimension of performance'?!

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
that was probably just the boost-it viper this one

Nope it wasnt. It was all blue. Had prototype decals on it. Chris brown was there. There was also someone elses full mod, all blue white tunnel with a turbo and timbersled rear skid.

Stock had cat rear skid. A welded outer bar that looked extruded and centres were like the polaris pro boards.

Last edited:

Jago

Premium Member
Nov 4, 2011
Anchorage, Alaska
HOPE springs eternal.
Yamaha has a few surprises in store for us.

Just in case anyone missed it.
That was the ultimate TEASER that Mountainhorse just dropped!!
Oh ya.
There is MORE to come to be sure.!!

Christopher, your comments make me think you've signed a non-disclosure agreement so you can only drop hopeful one-liners. Did they actually suceed in co-opting you with advance knowledge of their testing and development?? Assimilated! No wonder you have avoided making any significant speculation on the upcoming technology.

Somebody else must have heard something about the new 4-stroke engine technology under development. Mountainhorse? Anyone?
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Premium Features