• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 Yamaha Nytro XTX 1.75

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Here we go

VIDEO
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelvideo/665/1276/0/video.aspx

img.jpg

img.jpg

img.jpg

• NEW! 15 x 144 x 1.75-inch Camoplast® Back Country™ track
    The Camoplast Back Country track gives you the versatility to ride both on and off trail without compromise. The 1.75-inch lugs grab snow for great acceleration in powder and on packed trail. The unique design also gives just the right amount of lateral slide for fun trail cornering as well.
  • NEW! Single-piece extrovert drive sprockets
    Churning the track is a pair of factory-engineered single piece extrovert drive sprockets. The engineering team purpose-built these sprockets to work with the Ripsaw™ II track to further reduce noise and vibration.
  • High Performance 4-stroke engine
    The over-achieving High Performance engine is the heart of our lightweight, high performance and aggressive FX Nytro model family. It dominated its class at the American Snowmobiler Shoot-Out in New York for 3 years straight, claiming top speed and posting the best average ET over 4 runs down the ¼-mile track.
  • Advanced fuel injection
    The High Performance engine uses Yamaha’s advanced fuel injection system to control fuel flow to the engine. Consumers will enjoy the engine’s spot-on performance and throttle response as a result of the advanced electronic fuel injection system.
  • Engine Braking Reduction System
    The High Performance engine features the unique Engine Braking Reduction System (EBRS). This technology keeps the clutch slightly engaged to give the sled a “coast” feeling when the throttle is released.
  • Lightweight rear-exiting exhaust
    The patented rear exit design serves many performance-enhancing functions on the FX Nytro XTX. First, it cools the pipe by running it down the tunnel, where it can be snow-cooled. Second, it reduces the amount of under-hood heat produced. Third, the rear-exiting design distributes weight for a finely balanced sled.
  • Forced air radiator ducting
    The FX Nytro XTX’s airflow design pulls fresh air in from around the headlight and forces it through the radiator fins for high cooling capacity, resulting in consistent engine performance even in low-snow conditions.

Handling

• NEW! Tuner Dual-Keel ski
    The all-new tuner dual-keel ski greatly contributes to the FX Nytro XTX 1.75's polite, yet aggressive trail character. The dual keels keep the ski tracking straight and true down the trail, eliminating nosiness and darting. Each keel has its own wearbar, and Yamaha has four different bar configurations to choose from, which means you can tune your sled's cornering bite and steering effort to suit your personal preference.
  • FXG2 front suspension geometry
    The FX Nytro XTX 1.75 features the acclaimed FXG2 front suspension with more trail and relaxed caster for crisp steering response and confidence-inspiring, flat handling in the corners and through the rough trail.
  • FX™ chassis with sport rider-forward position
    The compact design puts the engine down low and back in the chassis, leaving the top of the cab open for airflow. This gives the FX Nytro XTX 1.75 a very centralized mass. The sled’s sport rider-forward ergonomic design puts the rider in an aggressive, yet comfortable, forward posture.
  • Over-the-engine steering
    The snocross-proven over-the-engine steering configuration on the FX Nytro XTX 1.75 gives the rider excellent posture on the sled. It also allows the engine to be tucked deep into the chassis for optimum balance and mass centralization which contributes to the sled’s overall handling characteristic.
  • Tall, hooked bars
    To match the tall and forward position, a single-piece, dual-hooked handlebar is standard fare on the FX Nytro XTX 1.75. The hooks have the same grip material as the main bar section, for consistent control, regardless of hand position on the grip.
  • Composite upper skeleton
    The headlight assembly and upper portion of the FX Nytro XTX 1.75 is supported by a super-lightweight composite framework. By using a rugged, high tech composite material as the structure for the top portion of the sled, Yamaha engineers were able to keep the mass centered low and deep in the chassis.
  • Lightweight tunnel
    The FX Nytro XTX 1.75 features a lightweight tunnel design. With the runningboards tipped up at an aggressive 11-degree angle, the XTX delivers big ground clearance for off trail capability. The design also features large snow evacuation and boot gripper punch outs.

Comfort

• NEW! HPG front shocks
    Lightweight aluminum HPG shocks on the front of the Nytro XTX 1.75 are calibrated to give you a very comfortable, yet sporty ride. The new design is 2 and a half pounds lighter than the previous piggyback-style shock but does not compromise ride quality.
  • NEW! Dual controls for concentrated hand warmers
    The FX Nytro XTX 1.75 has new dual controls to let you adjust the warmer levels for your hands on the left side and the thumb on your right. These hand warmers have a concentrated element design, which focuses the heat in the middle of the grip material. The result is a warm grip for your hand’s most comfortable riding position. In addition, an insulator is placed between the heating element and handlebar to retain heat longer and more efficiently than previous designs.
  • Dual Shock® CK 144 rear suspension
    The Dual Shock CK 144 rear suspension is the culmination of many years of development and testing. In order to be the ultimate crossover snowmobile, the FX Nytro XTX 1.75 needed to have cornering like a 121-inch trail sled, bump bridging like a 136-inch sled and the flotation of a 144-inch sled. The solution is the aggressive 6-degree rear tip-up on the rails, which gives the sled the footprint of a short track model on hardpack and the footprint of a long track model in fresh snow. The coupled design delivers excellent comfort and bump absorption over a wide variety of trail conditions.
  • 40mm compression-adjusting clicker shock
    The Dual Shock CK 144 rear suspension is fitted with a 40mm HPG shock with a remote reservoir and compression clicker on the rear arm and an aluminum-body HPG shock on the front arm.
  • Standard electric start
    Yamaha’s electric starter system allows consumers to fire up their Nytro XTX 1.75 with the turn of a key. There is no pulling on a nylon cord to get this high-tech engine growling! Electric start is a standard feature on all of Yamaha’s 4-stroke machines.
  • Digital gauge
    The digital gauge displays key information at a glance. Vehicle speed is displayed on a large LCD readout either in miles or kilometers per hour. In addition, the rider can select tachometer, odometer or tripmeter data to appear on the secondary readout. The gauge also displays system warning lights, fuel level, and warmer intensity.
  • Standard mechanical reverse
    The Nytro XTX 1.75’s simple reverse system allows riders to back out of tight spaces hassle-free. It’s engaged with the lever located on the right shroud. Just pull out the lever and slide it to the right for quick and easy use.
  • Quick-release, single-piece hood/console shroud
    The FX Nytro XTX 1.75 has a single-piece hood and console shroud. The design allows owners to open and close the top portion of the sled easily with Dzus™ quick-connect fasteners.
  • New graphic packages
    The FX Nytro XTX 1.75 comes in two graphic packages; Yamaha Blue as well as black/charcoal. These awesome designs produce one of the best looking sleds on the snow.

Last edited:

ntm_08

Lifetime Membership
May 21, 2009
I SURE hope that is NOT the big item for 2013!!!!!!!!

In the demo video of the xtx 1.75 he says:
"demo trucks with the new xtx units so that you bla bla bla"

There is no way they order a demo truck to bring the "new" xtx around if there is more to come.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
In the demo video of the xtx 1.75 he says:
"demo trucks with the new xtx units so that you bla bla bla"

There is no way they order a demo truck to bring the "new" xtx around if there is more to come.

It is if it is only for the midwest riders.

T

towerrigger

Jul 9, 2008
This whole launch looks like something a high school kid put together for a project the night before. Video sideways, a few goofs claiming to be riding competition sleds talking about how improved the skis are. This seems all to familiar with Yamaha. Do you think those kids in the video were smiling because they seen one of these under the tarp?

P

pinit

Nov 26, 2007
white sulphur springs montana
This whole launch looks like something a high school kid put together for a project the night before. Video sideways, a few goofs claiming to be riding competition sleds talking about how improved the skis are. This seems all to familiar with Yamaha. Do you think those kids in the video were smiling because they seen one of these under the tarp?

there smiling because there dad finally got rid of the tank and bought a pro

Clarkee

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2012
Saskachewan
Probably the most unprofessional sled launch ive ever seen, a cheesy Iphone vid..Lame!!...Im hoping there is a epic anouncement in march...if not i think alot of Yammy guys will be jumping ship and potential yammy buyers like me will stay with the company they currently support.

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
Yamaha is certainly not trying very hard to retain MOUNTAIN customers with this.

While others are courting me very hard, old faithful Yamaha is taking me to bed in long sleeve flannel pajamas. I don't know about everyone else but my snowmobile marriage was not til death do you part.:brokenheart:

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
I hear ya AC. I really don't think I will buy anything soon, but having ridden the Pro and how it just keeps getting better it makes me question where I will be in the future. I will be holding on to the Nytro for a least a couple years but if they don't start doing things to stay with the times I will probably make a shift I think. I wonder how much of what goes on has to do with corporate not wanting to put the money into new tech, or the engineers just not being on the cutting edge. Skidoo has the awesome two stroke engine tech, and Polaris has hands down the best chassis while Arctic Cat is kind of the balance of the two. Yamaha does not have much to hang it's hat on:(

I just think it would be nice to not have to put thousands into a sled just to make it comparable to the other sleds out there.

M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
I hear ya AC. I really don't think I will buy anything soon, but having ridden the Pro and how it just keeps getting better it makes me question where I will be in the future. I will be holding on to the Nytro for a least a couple years but if they don't start doing things to stay with the times I will probably make a shift I think. I wonder how much of what goes on has to do with corporate not wanting to put the money into new tech, or the engineers just not being on the cutting edge. Skidoo has the awesome two stroke engine tech, and Polaris has hands down the best chassis while Arctic Cat is kind of the balance of the two. Yamaha does not have much to hang it's hat on:(

I just think it would be nice to not have to put thousands into a sled just to make it comparable to the other sleds out there.
Man have you got it right.:face-icon-small-blu:face-icon-small-blu:face-icon-small-blu I love the reliability of the yami, but for God's sake DO something. My dealer never even brought any new sleds since 2010 since NOTHING has changed.:face-icon-small-blu:face-icon-small-blu:face-icon-small-blu:face-icon-small-blu:face-icon-small-blu They have the $$$$$$ and with RS they have the field tester,:face-icon-small-coo so why do we get the same old BS.........time for a P/C or a Pro is that what you want YAMAHA???????:director::director::director::director::director:

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Yamaha used to have a fairly decent sense of humor if you remember Johnny 2 stroke...so hopefully this is just something to get into peoples heads. That way when they release the rest of the lineup it will seem that much better.

Fingers are crossed!

M
Jan 14, 2004
Why don't they just give up and just sell bulkheads with motors then let us build the sleds. I'd snowcheck a Nytro bulkhead with an Apex engine in it tommorow. That chassis was a POS in 08 and it'll be the same POS in 2013.
XTX honestly who cares. Same old same old blah blah blah. Maybe some flatlander is sporting wood over this but I doubt it. LOL

M5

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Why don't they just give up and just sell bulkheads with motors then let us build the sleds. I'd snowcheck a Nytro bulkhead with an Apex engine in it tommorow. That chassis was a POS in 08 and it'll be the same POS in 2013.
XTX honestly who cares. Same old same old blah blah blah. Maybe some flatlander is sporting wood over this but I doubt it. LOL

M5

ha ha thats the funny thing even the flatlanders are pissed about it on ty ,there is just so much they could do to make this chassi better but haven't listened.they changed skies & a track,what about gripheater issues,hyfax issues better a-arms or lighter,better shock packages & jessues use some dam chromoly & aluminum like the other manufacturers are doing,steel is for 1970s sleds:face-icon-small-fro.people will pay more money for something they got to put less into after.would love to see them offer up a custom build mountain sled through snow check,you pick the parts ie:shock package,grafic package & painted parts ,turbo kits & so on mabey even so aftermarket parts.

Last edited:
B

bacobits

Dec 9, 2007
Laramie, wyo.
Had some sodas with a few factory boys at a local establishment back in dec. and they know what it takes to make a good mtn sled, but in their words it "gets lost in translation somewhere over the pacific".

Basically means HQ does not see enough $ signs to build the bad *** mtn sled that we all know they could.

Always seems to be on top of the list for high tech toys, DAMN IT BUILD A FRKN MOUNTAIN SNOWMOBILE not a longtracked flatlander.

Premium Features