• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Broken torque bumper

R
Jan 19, 2010
B.C.
Been looking for a cause for my bogging problem on 1998 powder special efi.Checked everything I could find on other threads on here. I found that my motor was torquing bad when under WOT. Also found broken torque bumper. Would this cause a bog at WOT and not allow me to rev over 7000 RPM? Any input would be appreciated as this sled has been driving me nuts for the last 2 years

R
Jan 19, 2010
B.C.
Replaced front pto side mount and bog is better.I can get 7800-8000 rpm now. Pto plug is brown now and mag plug is still black. No air leaks around boots.Any other suggestions?

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
I would check the compression, it should be above 110 and within 5 to 10 from each side. Maybe put new caps on the plug wires too. After that you start switching injectors from side to side and also check your oil usuage. The oil pumps can let too much through and it seems it likes to flow to the mag side for some reason.

Premium Features