• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Doo guy needs more help.....

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
1997 Powder Special 580 EFI.........going through the motor and I have a question about the water pump seal(s).........see attached picture.

My question is does item 32 come with the thin metal sleeve that presses in the case after the c-clip (item 36) is installed and the seal washer that presses into the back of the impeller? This parts breakdown does not show those two pieces anywhere I can find, I need all three pieces if that makes any since. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Water pump seal.jpg
    Water pump seal.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 84
S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
When I did the pump on my 1999 ZRT triple I was surprised that a nylon/rubber washer that goes into the back of the impellor did not show in microfice. I ordered the kit though and it came with it. On mine the "item 32" pressed against that washer in the back of the impellor. Help any?

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
That does help.........can you also tell me if item 32 presses into the case? I think why I'm confused is because when I took this motor a part the seal (item 32) was seperated from the metal portion where it presses into the case.

Thanks for the help!

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
Ordered the new seal yesterday, I believe it was broke when I took it apart....wasn't sure if it was made two pieces or not.....that's what threw me, lol.

Thanks again for the help!

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
If you bought just the seal make sure it also comes with the nylon/rubber washer that goes into the back of the impellor. What I mean is, one half is part 32 as pictured in your diagram. The other half is a washer that is nylon on one side and rubber on the other side that goes into the back of the impellor with the nylon side running against part 32 to create the seal.

Make sure lock tite is used to secure impellor

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
I know that seal your talking about that goes in back of the impeller.........I am hoping in comes with item 32, because I see no where in the parts call out that it is seperate.

Lock tite on the impeller? That explains why it was so hard to remove......that and the corrosion on the shaft.....lol!

Premium Features