• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

01 zr600 recoil broken rope fix?

Z

zr600

Oct 26, 2001
Bismarck ND
How do you replace the rope on the recoil. DO you need a spare hand to do it i don't have anyone to help me right now and i would like to get it done can it be done by your self.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Thread the rope through the hole in the spool, tie a knot and seal it with fire, pull the rope throught the hole until the knot is seated in the pocket. On the spool there is a notch, slide the rope into the notch and let it walk around with the spool as you wind the spool counter clockwise, about 6 turns. Hold it in place with one hand and thread the end of the rope out through the eye in the recoil housing. Slowly let the spool turn as you keep a litlle tension on the rope. It will wind the rope up as it turns. If you need another wind for proper tension just pull the rope out then lift a loop between the spool and eye and give another wind with the rope in the groove. You want ruffly a foot of rope sticking out with the spool recoiled all the way. I hope you understand, my work is usually better than my explanations.

Premium Features