• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RX1 turbo carb question

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I have a few questions on turboing the carbs on my rx-1 powered DOO swap.

I know you have to add boost to both carb t's, one for the slides and the one that adds fuel(clear stock lines)

my questions are, what is a good jetting setup to run? seems like stock with boost added makes the most sense to make sure your not rich when not on boost, then it just adds it when on boost.

I also need to know were to tap into pressure to control fuel pressure, seems like i would want to do that in the carb boots so it doesnt flood when letting off the throttle due to pressure gradient.

Any carb info would be awsome, just trying to learn all i can so it works half decent by snow time next year.

T

Turbo Monster

Nov 26, 2007
Hinton Alberta
You will T inbetween the carbs and the motor.T all four carbs together the tie in your fuel pressure regulator and you blow off valve.I could take some pictures on my RX-1 and you can see how it ties together.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
yeah, some decent lit pictures of how the routing goes between the lines would be awsome! i know what most does and what it needs to do, just dont want to mess up something stupid and create a giant tail chase over it.

Dec 1, 2007
livingston MT
i see your from whitefish. where do you ride. i wanna see this thing runnin next year!! i live in livingston.

p.s. any carb/turbo experts i need your help! im turbocharging a YZ 450f dirt bike. i cant get the carb figured out. please PM me if you think you could set me straight!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
thanks a ton man, this is why i love SW... actual info!!! back to the shop!

and while this thread is back at the top. where does the crank case vent that normally goes to the airbox run off to when boost is added?

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
The crank vent goes to the open atmoshpere, i ran mine under the intercooler towards the front of the sled but for you anywhere will work.

Make sure you look into billet T's and carb caps, they prevent boost leaks even at minimal pressures like you said you will be running. A leak will make your sled run like crap all over the place and be a headache to find although usually an easy fix. I know supreme tool and machine makes them and they work very well and eliminate alot of headaches while your on the snow.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
i am going to be ordering the billet carb caps and T's there cheap insurance for me as im creating SO many variables, i would like this thing to be AS simple as possible. i dont need any more things that can add tuning issues considering the amount of custom going on. dont want to chase my tail all winter.

Premium Features