• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha one

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
snochecked 165, a new adventure, keeps life from being boring....my '16 that i've worked with and now enjoy so much, belt drive, ti can, bikeman y-pipe, bdx boards, 174 track, few other small things, totally dependable, hate so see it go, but life moves on...:face-icon-small-hap..:face-icon-small-fro..

Clutched Films

Lifetime Membership
Alpha 1

Rode the Alpha 1 yesterday in about 1' of the worst wet heavy snow all year. Every1's snowmobiles had enywhere from 40-60 lbs of concrete packed into the rearskids. That mono rail rearskid is the real deal maybe 5 lbs of snow stuck to suspension parts maybe?. Didn't have a hole lot of time to ride it or really ride it hard across ruts or anything. Felt like the 18 cats just more power demo sled had 277 miles on it.

E
Aug 28, 2017
Rode the Alpha 1 yesterday in about 1' of the worst wet heavy snow all year. Every1's snowmobiles had enywhere from 40-60 lbs of concrete packed into the rearskids. That mono rail rearskid is the real deal maybe 5 lbs of snow stuck to suspension parts maybe?. Didn't have a hole lot of time to ride it or really ride it hard across ruts or anything. Felt like the 18 cats just more power demo sled had 277 miles on it.

Did you get a chance to side hill on the setup snow? If so how'd it do?

Clutched Films

Lifetime Membership
Alpha1 ride

Did you get a chance to side hill on the setup snow? If so how'd it do?

I did not this was the one time I was pissed it snowed. And the snow was seriously the wettest heaviest snow. The Cat front end was collecting and pushing snow kinda locking the skies up. This is one condition my 850 went threw the snow better coming downhill laying it on its side to start sidehilli. In that snow I could not tell the difference between the Ascender or the Alpha1. I'm just going to have to order the Alpha1 that sled really impressed me. Worst comes to worst I trade the Alpha1 skid drivers & track for someone's Ascender track drivers & skid I'm sure that wouldn't take to long for some1 to trade me haha. I was pretty impressed with that Alpha1 demo from 8am - 2pm non stop that sled never rested for more then 1 minute between rides I don't even know how many runs up down & sideways it took but it ran great all day no issues. :thumb:Can't wait to get 1 for a full year.

E
Aug 28, 2017
I did not this was the one time I was pissed it snowed. And the snow was seriously the wettest heaviest snow. The Cat front end was collecting and pushing snow kinda locking the skies up. This is one condition my 850 went threw the snow better coming downhill laying it on its side to start sidehilli. In that snow I could not tell the difference between the Ascender or the Alpha1. I'm just going to have to order the Alpha1 that sled really impressed me. Worst comes to worst I trade the Alpha1 skid drivers & track for someone's Ascender track drivers & skid I'm sure that wouldn't take to long for some1 to trade me haha. I was pretty impressed with that Alpha1 demo from 8am - 2pm non stop that sled never rested for more then 1 minute between rides I don't even know how many runs up down & sideways it took but it ran great all day no issues. :thumb:Can't wait to get 1 for a full year.

Sweet, thanks for the report. Can't wait till mine shows up :face-icon-small-hap

High Country

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Canada
Dave was doing $13,770 out the door (doesn't include taxes)- I guess if you are asking if guys are getting less than that it seems like this is the range everyone was in on the other thread. That price with a 4 year warranty was plenty fair to me. Dave's shop has treated me super fair and I didn't feel the need to bust his balls over a few hundred bucks. Myself plus 5 friends all put money down in the last 3 days on Apha's. I have a 2018 Mountain Cat that I am keeping and the rest of them are coming off of Ski-doos and Pros/Axys.

that's not out the door .....taxes freight PDI everything means out the door

High Country

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Canada
I heard this is the best snow check numbers Cat has had since 2010 or 2011

I have heard Cat has had the best numbers...I have heard the most snow checks beyond all manufacturers...and I have also heard a ridiculous amount of Alpha One sales.
Can a dealer confirm ?

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Been my dealers best snowcheck year ever. Well since they started in 2013. And I wasnt even on that list. They were all Alphas and 1 MC

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Oh trust me they make it up, I'd rather be in Idaho and pay sales tax than be stuck in Oregon with the nutjobs from Portland.....

LOL E Oregon and W Oregon are a different state for sure. W Idaho and E Oregon should be a state and let the W Oregon coast peeps live it their own chit.

Premium Features