• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Props given where props are deserved

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah
A couple weeks ago the rollers on my secondary shattered destroying my helix and toasting my belt. I dropped it off at the Edge Motorsports in Draper Utah to get fixed under warranty.
I was talking to the guy at the service desk this week to see when they would have it done. I asked him what all was Arctic Cat was going to replace? He said the rollers and helix. I asked what about the belt? He said that Cat will not warranty the belt because it is a "wear item". I told him it was a brand new belt and it still would be if the rollers had not failed. He said that he would talk to cat again but it is very doubtful that they will do anything. In the mean time I sent a pm to Darrin (B1doge) on here and ask if this is normal. He said yes it is but let me get back to you. I get a pm from him last saying that he not only got me 1 new belt but 2 new belts. This isn’t the first time that Darrin and the Edge motorsports has come through for me on this sled even though I didn’t buy it from them.
Its guys like this that restore my faith in dealers after being screwed by so many others.
If you guys need anything for your cat or any gear I strongly encourage you to check these guys out. They will really take care of you.
Thanks, Darrin

Last edited:
S
Jan 28, 2011
Upper Peninsula
A couple weeks ago the rollers on my secondary shattered destroying my helix and toasting my belt. I dropped it off at the Edge Motorsports in Draper Utah to get fixed under warranty.
I was talking to the guy at the service desk this week to see when they would have it done. I asked him what all was Arctic Cat was going to replace? He said the rollers and helix. I asked what about the belt? He said that Cat will not warranty the belt because it is a "wear item". I told him it was a brand new belt and it still would be if the rollers had not failed. He said that he would talk to cat again but it is very doubtful that they will do anything. In the mean time I sent a pm to Darrin (B1doge) on here and ask if this is normal. He said yes it is but let me get back to you. I get a pm from him last saying that he not only got me 1 new belt but 2 new belts. This isn’t the first time that Darrin and the Edge motorsports has come through for me on this sled even though I didn’t buy it from them.
Its guys like this that restore my faith in dealers after being screwed by so many others.
If you guys need anything for your cat or any gear I strongly encourage you to check these guys out. They will really take care of you.
Thanks, Darrin

Thats awesome. Dealers like this are hard to find. After getting my sled back from a dealer in the Upper Peninsula from the secondary bolts dying, I think I have a flat spotted roller because now it only pulls 7200-7800 rpm when it used to pull 8100-8200 so team tied it is.

I hope the dealer reads your post, they deserve the props.

Thanks, Brad.

B
Oct 13, 2012
S.E. SK
sweet deal! At 650 miles, my helix bolts sheared off, split open the secondary, snapped off a reverse roller, stretched the belt... My dealer wouldn't warrenty my belt either, but I called Cat Care and they gave me a new one no questions asked. I guess backed-off helix bolts aren't uncommon on these, the other day buddy said he checked his secondary and a couple helix bolts were loose, good thing he caught the problem and tightened them back up before the boom

Moral of the story, CHECK OVER YOUR SECONDARY OFTEN

Also I have high-torque rollers in now, here's a link to the page they're a really nice product:

http://www.hitorquerollers.com/Hi-Torque_Rollers_Products.html

M

m8braaaap

Banned
Dec 3, 2012
mancos colorado
my buddy had his primary go out and smoked 2 belts.cat replaced the primary and the 2 belts no questions asked.its a 13 pc.handlebar motorsports durango colorado.:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features