• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ZX (or REV) suspension DIY mods

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
Anyone every done any lightweight suspension mods on their ZX sleds, or REVs?

Not just some TI spring thing. I'm wonders how to easily lose a lot of weight, and not loose much else. After looking at my current OEM suspension, and timbersled's suspension. Why can't you just pull all the spring, shock, and the little sizzor plates out of there, and just replace it with one air shock?

All the shock does is slow down movement. The air shock should have that built in. The little sizzor plates allow for moment arm push points, won't need that any more. The springs push the tunnel and rails away from one another, the air pressure in the shock should do that. Why not just rip it all out and put a air shock in? I don't even see a point in the rear brace timber sled uses, unless you want the front and back coupled. To answer my own question, I guess you need something that will keep the skid aligned under the tunnel.

Just a thought, anyone every tried that before?

Of course the next thought is to just rip out the old coil over shock and put an air shock up front also.

Last edited:
Check out K-mod, they do a conversion that pulls the rear shock and spring out of the skid and they run a coil over in the back. I was looking at building an easy ryde type suspension, looks really easy to do! Shocks look like the most expensive part!

Premium Features