• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

camber adjustment on 07 dragon

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
I posted this in Perm. - mod but got zip.
I kind of need an answer fast so i am trying here also.

I am installing a set of Holtz spindles on my wifes 07 dragon.
What is the best way to adjust camber??

If I understand correctly you run a bar thru on side to the other and the end of the bar should be 3" below The top of the hole on the other spindle.
Is that correct??
What size bar should I use?
Will all thread work or should I use something else?

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I have the same question Ollie. Please PM me if you get any resonable responses. Just put mine on yesterday.

crix

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
SaVaGe, MiNnEsOtA
Yup that is how you do it. But for some reason I remember the measurment being like 2 inches I have the service manual for the 9 and imagine that its the same I will check next time im in the garage

R
Sep 1, 2001
Maple Grove, MN
Here it is.

You will need a 48" or so rod threaded or not that will fit though the bushings on the spindles. I think it's 3/8" or 7/16", whatever the ski bolt diameter is.

If you have Holz front end a-arms and Holz spindles they will need to be 3" +/- some. If you have stock Polaris spindles on it's the smaller measurement, something around 2" or so. It's in the instructions. Put the rod in one side, make sure the handlebars and spindles are dead straight so the rod line up right below the opposite spindle. Then adjust to the spec, going back and forth from one side to the other and getting it right on the money. Of course you have to keep everything tight of your measurement will be off when you tighten everything down.

Then do your ski-alingment when on the ground.

You should have about 1.5-3 threads sticking out towards the inside of the adjuster nut on both sides.

It's pretty straight forward once you get going with it. Just takes a few times back and forth and remembering to measure from the same point on both sides and to not put pressure on the bar when measuring.

I have done two RMK's now and it's cake!

Premium Features