• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

need help 800R water impeller shaft removal

S
Oct 6, 2008
kalispell mt
just got the motor out and looking at it it looks like i have too pull this bottom plate off the motor. I just don't see any other way that the impeller could be held in there but the kit I ordered doesn't come with the bottom gasket...

Last edited:

summit800

Lifetime Membership
Jul 29, 2001
Graham, wa.
you dont have to take the lower plate off you have 2 remove the water pump impeller, theres 2 bolts behind it , remove oil pump, tap shaft out from oil pump side,if it doesnt come out, youll have to split the case! why r u taking it out ?

M

Mach-ster

Jan 5, 2008
you dont have to take the lower plate off you have 2 remove the water pump impeller, theres 2 bolts behind it , remove oil pump, tap shaft out from oil pump side,if it doesnt come out, youll have to split the case! why r u taking it out ?

My quess is that he lost cooling and there is no flow due to the worm gear being completely wiped out! I've had (2) of these damn things fail now and my buddy has had a couple fail. I've seen new ones and they seem to have to much resistance for my likeing? very frustrating to say the least. Just put my engine back in last night. I'd like Ski Doo to chime in hear and add their 2 cents as to how to fix their cooling system? first one made it 1000 miles and the second one made it 325 miles. Doesn't give you that "confident feeling" when your off the beaten path.:face-icon-small-fro and yes everything was done by the book, fill the cavity, etc etc. When you get a nylon worm gear that "applecores" that tells me there is to much resistance? The sagga continues.

Last edited:
M

Mach-ster

Jan 5, 2008
We split the case and inspect the crank, it was perfect! hopefully this time will be the charm because we are quite sick if taking engine in and out.

S
Oct 6, 2008
kalispell mt
yep im taking it out because the impeller is not spinning the worm gear is toast. i tried tapping it out from the oil pump side and it wont budge. so do i just pull the bottom plate off or do i have to split the case between the crank. thanks again guys.

S
Oct 6, 2008
kalispell mt
i was told to check for antifreeze were the oil goes into on the worm drive.. They said the antifreeze can eat the triple bond and get antifreeze in there and seize the gears up. dont know how true that is...

summit800

Lifetime Membership
Jul 29, 2001
Graham, wa.
leave the bottom plate on, split it in the middle of the case,I use a large screw driver in the slot for the oil pump and a small vise grip on the impeller, I dont remember if it has reverse threads ?? they use loctite on the treads

Premium Features