• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

cooke city

S

snirt-racing

Jan 31, 2010
Billings,Mt
I am new to Montana. how do you get to cooke city in the winter? I will be livin in Billings. cant wait for the snow! :face-icon-small-hap

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
from that side, park and sled over the 212 highway to cooke, or if you want to drive and stay for a few days head around to gardiner and into the park. but thats a long arse drive!!

x-5

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Park City mt
go toward cody from lauel then take Chief Joseph Scenic Highway then go right toward cooke. About 2 to 3 hour drive depending on weather

S

snirt-racing

Jan 31, 2010
Billings,Mt
Awesome! That isnt a bad drive for some bad *** sledding! I am used to driving hours for snow and its flat land... and a whoping total of two feet.

T

Team Wild

Aug 13, 2008
Belgrade, MT
Im sure your aware of this but just in case. You need to have a beacon, shovel and probe with you especially when riding around Cooke. If not for you maybe to help out someone else. Not trying to be a downer but its a whole different world in avy territory. Im not as prepared as I would like to be. Its easy to overlook it. Also coming up soon are avalanche classes Im not sure but I would guess one of the dealers in Billings would put one on.

S

snirt-racing

Jan 31, 2010
Billings,Mt
Im sure your aware of this but just in case. You need to have a beacon, shovel and probe with you especially when riding around Cooke. If not for you maybe to help out someone else. Not trying to be a downer but its a whole different world in avy territory. Im not as prepared as I would like to be. Its easy to overlook it. Also coming up soon are avalanche classes Im not sure but I would guess one of the dealers in Billings would put one on.

Thanks. Yeah I borrowed my buddys beacon every time but I am getting my own now. I definitely was going to look into a class also.

x-5

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Park City mt
Thanks. Yeah I borrowed my buddys beacon every time but I am getting my own now. I definitely was going to look into a class also.

Its alot of cash but look into an avy back pack...everyone I ride with has abs packs, lots of cash but then again whats your life worth to you? Two years ago in cooke 3 of my buddys got buried and they luckily all got out fine.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Cooke City - Safety First

Good to see the encouragement of 'SAFETY' when riding around Cooke City. That is a point which we always try to stress at the Bearclaw. We will be renting and selling the Arva avalanche beacon again this year, along with a wide variety of other avalanche/safety items. From various reports I've heard, it looks like we can expect snow levels comparable to last year - if not even MORE! Can't wait!

A

andy_09

Dec 6, 2007
Great Falls Montana
i need to sac up and get an abs pack, right now i just have the avalung pack and pieps beacon with black diamond shovel and probe which isnt bad but still nothing beats and air bag pack

B

barry1me

Mar 12, 2009
MI
Snirt racing is a great rider and cant wait to get out there and ride with him.

L

LSB

Hey snirt glad to see your interest in Cooke City. I agree, what I used to think was a long drive years ago is nothing anymore. Now its 3 hours to Wal-Mart. No big deal!

As always check us out for Snowest Specials!

Cooksend

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Any ABS Pack rentals in Cooke? Heading that way in march and sure would like the added piece of mind!

bootz1981

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2008
zap, nd
been goin to cook for years now and if you need something bearclaw bob will get it for you. he has beacon shovels probes hell you name it hes got it for rent or for sale. bought my beacon from him 2 years ago and was 100 bucks cheaper than anywhere else. plus hes a hell of a awsome guy too. when you get to cooke stop in for a breakfast burrito at bearclaws, its awsome

bootz1981

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2008
zap, nd
theres always a nook or cranny to stuff a trailer might not be right by the motel always but youll find a spot

Premium Features