• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Black Magic Powersports

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
I bought a helix from Troy at Fastlane which is a Black Magic 51. I was told by Troy that this is a 40-36 or 40-34. I have no reason to doubt Troy, but since I am still trying to dial in my clutching, I am trying to verify the helix angles to make sure I know where to go from where I am at. So I call Black Magic and they refuse to tell me what angles I have. To me this seems like a poor business practice when you buy a product manufactured by a company and they refuse to tell you what you have???? Anyone know what angles a BM 51is?? Anyone else have trouble dealing with Black Magic?

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
They don't want people to know, as it probably came out of a clutch kit and is "Special". Their customer service has always been suspect, but actually I got better service before the new owners!

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
I definitely will be removing them from my list of Arctic Cat Suppliers. I even said to the guy that if that was his attitude, I wouldn't do business with him anymore - his response was "thats fine with him" .

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
I definitely will be removing them from my list of Arctic Cat Suppliers. I even said to the guy that if that was his attitude, I wouldn't do business with him anymore - his response was "thats fine with him" .

I can't believe that! Competition in the aftermarket is tough as it is, and they are trying to rebuild their reputation; Not doing a great job. I used to buy many things from them before they sold it, I expected maybe it would get even better, but they actually seemed to get worse. That's too bad.............

JS

W

woodies

check the angle your self .take piece of paper wrap around, mark ramps then use protractor there you have it

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
It has been an age old practice of "hiding" stuff like this. There are a couple guys that I know of that were buying springs and painting them black so no one knew what they were. The problem with this is that if a guy buys a used sled and there is a black spring in the primary that is broken, what do you replace it with? We try to sell "kits" that have all the goodies in them in order to keep the customer buying all the stuff from us, but that way if they need a replacement and they are in BFE they can get what they need locally.

Premium Features