• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 Ski-Doo Summit X

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Dave, would you please clarify what you get on the "X" that's different from the "SP", and what you get on the Freeride that's different from the Summit?

Thanks

GSPLewie

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2016
I'm not Dave, but he's answered this for me before. The X will have the shocks and a different set of running boards compared to the SP.

The Freeride is very similar to an X, but has the upgraded shocks and a bit more heavier duty bracing in some places.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Would like to know as well, other than shocks?

Sp vs x - Shocks and running boards and different stickers/colors.

Same gauge same A arms , same brake same handlebars same brake line. If you don’t believe me check part numbers there all the same.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Dave, would you please clarify what you get on the "X" that's different from the "SP", and what you get on the Freeride that's different from the Summit?

Thanks

Difference from x to sp is running boards, shocks are the same valving except you can not rebuild/revalve the sp shocks but you can the X Shocks, and color

to the freeride in the 154 narrow and 165 you get rail braces and piggy back shocks all around and a sway bar disconnect.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Dave: Any chance Doo will offer a T-motion lockout from the factory?

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
Will anything important actually be adressed like the fact that they are practically un rideable in deep snow without scalping multiple belts a day and near 100% failure rate on the motors in under 3,500km ? How about the complete inability of ski doo to supply warranty parts to keep people on the snow ? red matches the color of Everyone’s face that I know that ownes and 850 right now. Fun to ride but everyone is so over these sleds....

Last edited:
M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Will anything important actually be adressed like the fact that they are practically un rideable in deep snow without scalping multiple belts a day and near 100% failure rate on the motors in under 3,500km ? How about the complete inability of ski doo to supply warranty parts to keep people on the snow ? red matches the color of Everyone’s face that I know that ownes and 850 right now. Fun to ride but everyone is so over these sleds....

-New Clutch cover
-New cover mounting bracket
-New Motor mount

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID

I smell a TROLL :face-icon-small-fro

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
I smell a TROLL :face-icon-small-fro

Un fortunately I’m dead seriouse which is very disappointing because the g4 is the funnest sled I’ve ever ridden. But no one from our crew will be getting a 19’ until they address these major problems. We just had to fly the third 850 to go down in a week out of Revy and no one can get a motor. I would really like to see ski doo Get these sleds on track. Maybe they are busy behind the scenes working out the bugs and that’s why all we see are new colors

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
White Rad, what sled do you have? What have you done to it? What oil do you run?

Ace

I have a 17’ 165 that windowed the block at 1950 miles in February last year that took until June to get fixed. It also smoked over a dozen belts. This year I have a 175 and it’s at 1980 miles and the crank bearings have play and I’m afraid to even ride it anymore. My sleds are always bone stock down to the factory can and run the ski doo red sauce oil.

Last year my other buddy lost the bottom end in his 154 at 800 miles. His wife had her sled go down in December at 1400mi. In the last week this same buddy had his 18 154 free ride go down at 300mi while riding in Montana. The same day we lost a 165’ freeride at baker. Then this guy loads up his 17’ 165 SP with 1400 miles and drives all the way to revy and it blows up and has to get helicoptered out. So right now 5 out of 6 of our motors have failed and ruined two big trips. I can’t even count the belts we have scattered. And now we r trying to trade in two blown up sleds to get one new because there are no motors available and we r missing an epic storm cycle.

So buy a red 19’ if you want !

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Another helpful thread, drug under the troll bridge.

Truth...troll bridge. What’s the difference any more with the 850?

I and my best riding buddy been a pretty die hard skidoo guys. I’m thinking a new cat and he’s thinking a new axys this next season. We are tired of the belt issues. Tmotion isn’t needed anymore. Both cat and poo have better shocks, better skid, better clutches, better handling, and sad to say, better engines. Unless skidoo gets this figured out, then and cat will switch places as far as sales go.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Both cat and poo have better shocks, better skid, better clutches, better handling, and sad to say, better engines.

I have to disagree on a few points you made. Please don't take it personal, just my opinion.

The walker evan shocks on the pro and sks are nothing to get excited over. I made adjustments on them all day and could hardly notice any difference. They ride like a tank on the trail, and bottoms super easy on small hits. Apparently you have to send them to Carls to be revalved, and then they are good.

Air shocks on the Cat.. this is completely opinion based, but I hate air shocks. Give me a compression adjustable coil-over any day.

The Freeride is the only narrow stance "pure" mountain sled available with premium shocks in my opinion.

Primary clutches on the Cats have been exploding.. I'm pretty sure they have a recall out on them now.
Polaris clutches are junk after a few trips. Most guys will tell you to just buy a new one rather than rebuild it.

Better handling is entirely a personal preference thing. I didn't think my Polaris "handled" great.. it held a line on a sidehill, but that was it. It didn't shine anywhere else.
Cat's handling is good, but like I said.. Its just preference.

I was on a 850 for 10 mins this year and I felt like I had been riding it all winter, I could toss it around like a dirtbike.

The skid and engines I don't have much faith in any of them honestly.

I'm not looking at the 850 in a negative way yet because its being delivered next week.. I know if I have half the trouble some guys have had I'll probably be looking at a Cat in a year or two. I don't want to deal with Polaris and their issues anymore.. and Cat seems to have a solid power-plant there.

Take it for what its worth. :juggle:

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
I have to disagree on a few points you made. Please don't take it personal, just my opinion.

The walker evan shocks on the pro and sks are nothing to get excited over. I made adjustments on them all day and could hardly notice any difference. They ride like a tank on the trail, and bottoms super easy on small hits. Apparently you have to send them to Carls to be revalved, and then they are good.

Air shocks on the Cat.. this is completely opinion based, but I hate air shocks. Give me a compression adjustable coil-over any day.

The Freeride is the only narrow stance "pure" mountain sled available with premium shocks in my opinion.

Primary clutches on the Cats have been exploding.. I'm pretty sure they have a recall out on them now.
Polaris clutches are junk after a few trips. Most guys will tell you to just buy a new one rather than rebuild it.

Better handling is entirely a personal preference thing. I didn't think my Polaris "handled" great.. it held a line on a sidehill, but that was it. It didn't shine anywhere else.
Cat's handling is good, but like I said.. Its just preference.

I was on a 850 for 10 mins this year and I felt like I had been riding it all winter, I could toss it around like a dirtbike.

The skid and engines I don't have much faith in any of them honestly.

I'm not looking at the 850 in a negative way yet because its being delivered next week.. I know if I have half the trouble some guys have had I'll probably be looking at a Cat in a year or two. I don't want to deal with Polaris and their issues anymore.. and Cat seems to have a solid power-plant there.

Take it for what its worth. :juggle:

No offense. After blowing belts every 100 miles and even after the clutching “fixes” they run hot enough to boil snow, maybe our perspective is warped. I’m keeping an open mind to all brands. After cat and poo show us what they’re bringing I may stay with Doo.

Premium Features