• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

04 Summit Rebuild w/ T Motion install

S

SNOW 365

Nov 28, 2007
Walla Walla Wa
I'm also looking for two of the exhaust bolts. Apparently they backed out, and I can't find them in the bottom of the belly pan. Anyone know thier size, and where to purchase? Thanks.....

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Yes Nordic Washer, I agree got them from fasteners

you have to put 2 washers per bolt they have biteing edges on them they work great. now exactly sure what pitch the thread is but they are 6mm take one of you bolt to a fasteners place and match them up there are 2 bolts in the bottom center of the Y pipe you pretty much have to cut the bend down shorter to get the allen wrench on them its a pain, I purchased a couple bolts that had smaller hex heads makes it alot easier.

bolts backin out is a common problem I had 3 missing when I purchased my Rev replaced the bolts with Nordic Washers still tight for 2 yrs now.

Ya know if your bolts are all pretty much loose and had a couple missing I would check the contition of the Ypipe Gasket also leaks like this can damage the gasket where its been leaking.

small touch of added locktite on bolt helps also.

Wildcard

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Hello finaly got some pic to up load here are some assembly pic.

got the triangular frame pieces for sure all tighentened and installed, steering post and nose cone, dash plastic and New 2011 XP freeride aluminum 3 inch raised bars along with Fly 7 inch risers. This pic doesn`t show the bars but you can see the risers
20121202_120823.jpg

Here is a pic of all the clutches set up and ready to go also got the pipe and exhaust all installed, I put the 07` Airbox I had on last year or two in this pic but I have since the pic converted to pod filters and made a bracter for the air temp sensor to mount right above the inside carb filter, I will have alot of venting for this mod to operate good.
20121202_120816.jpg

Here are the Unifilter I am running and the location of the air temp sensor location, going to swap over to Kickass pod filters with prefilters eventually.
20121202_123027.jpg

Here is a pic of the Dynoport Can and you can see the small 440 type bottle for the Oil Injection delete, I cut up the original oil container to be a mount for the MPEM box and to mount the pullstart bezel and made a small bracket or two to reinforce how it mounts,
20121202_120911.jpg

Enjoy Wildcard

Last edited:

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
another post.

Here is a pic of how I relocated the Left side handle bar controls, I just cut a piece of an old set of handle bars, welded a nut to the inside of the piece that sets against the steering post t top and made a special bolt that runs thru the t top riser and holds the tube the controls mount to.
20121202_120834.jpg

Bolt going thru
20121202_121155.jpg

Post thru control with nut welded in it and ground smooth
20121202_121122.jpg

Will post pics of the side panels I got and the new bumper I had to purchase, I went to trade a guy my black panels and front bumper for a set of XRS side panels and bumper, I took them to spokane to trade them at the Spokane Snow Show and he didn`t have the bumper I was suposed to get but told me he would ship it to me, needless to say The snow show was Nov, 10th and here it is Dec, 3 and I never received the bumper owed to me had to buy a new one from Dennis Kirk which I finished installin a couple of hours ago was the only Yellow one I could find cost me $95, If a certain somebody happens to be reading this sometime which I know comes on here cause he answered WTT panels add, You can still send me the bumper YOU OWE me. Its only right If not, sorry but I hope you SMASH it into a tree!!!, anyway I`m not Bitter, LOL.

Darren Card
1345 Maple ST
Clarkston Wa, 99403

Enjoy, Wildcard

Last edited:

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Another

Here a pic of the side panels along with the seat all mounted and the Rev Gas Can I purchased for $25 with the strap assem, only thing wrong was the yellow spout was shorter than stock cause a couple of the ribs were broke off works great tho. Score!
Still need to do the Boot mod trimmin to the side panels along with installin some 2 Cool Middle side vents I ordered
20121202_123229.jpg

20121201_124219.jpg

Here is a good pic of the 2011 XP Freeride 3inch drop Aluminum Handle bars very good angle comfortable and light too. still need to install the center riser pad and stock Rev Mountain bar also the riser bags which are actually leather fanny pouchs I have been using them for a couple years and were on my S Chassis summit also work great and are alot cheaper than Sled riser bags, I run one front and one rear just modified the waist straps to mount. will post a pic when all installed
Also have New RSI Heaters and insulator for aluminum bars they are suposed to be hotter cause the aluminum bars don`t hold the heat as long as steel does the grips I need to install, the hand grips are the XP Freeride grips just setting on there I need to install the heaters, insulators and glue the grips on.
20121201_124309.jpg

Here is a pic of the 2 Cool Hood vent I purchased for $20 at the Spokane Snow Show, those guys are great to deal with very smart, I have a set of there Middle or center section side panel vents on order also.
20121202_155528.jpg

Will post pic of the bumper installed and the hood vent installed in the BR Tech smoke color Hood, going to look cool, More lightweigt parts.

Also need to swap the Snow Eliminator from the other chassis, the boards on the 03-04 SUCK Snow Eliminators or Better Boards are a Must on these sleds, I like the Eliminator they are cheaper also.

Enjoy again, Wildcard

Last edited:

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Hello everyone, here are some pic of the New Dennis Kirk front bumper installed, thought since it was aftermarket and new it look alot different in color tone than the stock weathered need to be cleaned 07 sidepanels.

Got the hood on also, and this last sunday I did some cuttin and trimmin and got the good 2 Cool Air Vent hood bent installed, kinda wish I would of purchased the one with Yellow Mesh to blend in a bit nicer, but I like this
20121204_075143.jpg

Here are some pic of the installation of the hood vent
20121202_155502.jpg

Vent
20121202_155528.jpg

Got the Hood cut out, slow and easy with the Jig Saw and starting holes with a step drill bit final sanding before installing vent
20121202_161342.jpg

Vent all popriveted in and Installed
20121202_163005.jpg

Wildcard

Last edited:

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Close Up shot of the Hood, going to cut out the side vent openings and put some frog skinz stick on mesh vents over those.
20121204_075238.jpg

Here is a pic of the front end, this should show to some the angle of the control arms after narrowing stock arms to 36inch and how it stood the shock straigher up raising the sled and leaving a final 35.5 ski stance, you see how narrow it is compared to the spindles and how they line up with the side panels, stock they stuck out a bit, now with the Simmons ski set 1inch to the inside position it still looks pretty narrow, lays over how it sets effortlessly on the snow should be a Huge difference.
20121204_075219.jpg

Here is a pic of a New XM and the narrow front end, the sidepanels on the new sled is narrower than the Rev but the comparison to me is pretty close, just wait till the T Motion arives and I start installin that, Can`t wait.
20121204_173131.jpg

20121202_123515.jpg

Here is a pic of the sled with stock 39-39.5inch stance Alternative Impact A Arms with shock location in stock position cause they agian were stock stance arms, just see how wide it looks, and how much Lower the front ride hegth was This was about the same time Last Year.
2012-03-04102725.jpg

Snow Eliminators swap is next..

Wildcard

Last edited:

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Nice,some people rush the vents,you did'nt.Feed the Pods!

Hello Zilla, Not sure I understand what you mean.

I am venting this sled pretty well I have the 2 cool hood vent and custom holes and mesh venting in the plastic panel between the bulkhead and the front of the LH side panel ahead of the primary clutch just a couple holes meshed over inside to flow air and not snow into the clutch area and Not installed yet I have 2 cool mid side panel vents and will be putting vents at the rear of the panels around the knee area also along with adding a release vent to the dash area. only vent I have installed now is the hood.

Wildcard

Last edited:

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Hello Bob, Yes I plan on breaking the track I have but its not a skidoo track is a Polaris series 4 159x15x2 1/8, I got a good deal on it I traded it straight across for the stock 144 skidoo track, Im going to break the 159 first but when I get the 163x16x2.5 I plan installing , I will break that one also.

Wilcard

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Hello everyone, I finally got the sidepanels cleaned up they were pretty grimmy, tried some plastic cleaner and polish really didn`t work, sprayed and let some Simple Green soak on then and worked pretty good but still didn`t penetrate the darker greasy spots on the inside so I need to find something stronger.

I also installed more 2 Cool Air Vent mid panel vents one on each side, I still need to glue some mesh on the inside of the small stock Nike lookin vent below those need to be covered or meshed over on any Rev, snow get in onto the belt real easy and will make the belt slip, Need to get ahold of 2 Cool Vents and get some rear of panel vents outer part of the knee area.
Also need to complete the rear panel trimming for the boot mod Like I had on my other panels

I would love to find the bezel insert for the RH side panel to cover up some of the pull rope grooves, want one in Black but Yellow would work.

RH side
20121207_210108.jpg

LH side
20121207_210050.jpg

Will post pics of panels on the sled tomorrow,

Wildcard

B

BackCountryBob

Aug 7, 2001
Arvada, Colorado
I've been reading your posts with great interest--nice work:yo:

Installation of "Snow Eliminators" is an absolute must on the 04 but a word of caution. The 2 front grippers are too high and will snag your boots in the event of an unplanned get off. So clamp yours on first to see how your boots feel in the footwell. I installed mine first and had to go back with a Dremel to cut the grips down to a nub:face-icon-small-dis.

My engine has stock internals with a 13.5 RTK head with D^Js high altitude clutching and DOO DOC's floating secondary. I never have a want for power as I engage at 3,800 rpm and holds 8,100.

I just ran the steering forward with a previously installed 10"
riser and found my steel braided brake line too short so I had a racing speed shop make one up to 42"(stock 36"). This seems to work well with my Axess seat which is 2.5" taller and narrower, weighs 7# with lots of storage.

My stock track has a single 1.5" port and has the paddles cut to 15" wide on the 16" base track and running no boggies and a stock 2 wheel in the back. This is a vast improvement but I'm looking for even better--so a riding report on your track/skid mods is of great interest.

We're still waiting for something to ride on here in Colorado:face-icon-small-sad

BCB

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Hello Bob thanks, and good to read your post.

I have done the boot mod on my other chassis, I actually took my boot seperately and put it in the foot well and then lay it over sideways facing more horizontal if the bood hits the upper boot support of on the footwell bracket either loosen the bolts and slide it up or just cut that piece out if it hits the boot , read of a Ttabs on Dootalk learned this after falling off the sled and catchin his boot in this area and dragged him aways almost breakin his ankle, I cut this piece out not the whole foot or runningboard brace just the wrap around loop that attactes to the 2 bolts on the back side or it. This pretty this along with the Eliminator placement like explained below pretty much solves the boot prob your mentioning.

I also have cut forward and trimmed my side panel to the same shape as the running board support piece, I done this on my old panels and actually finished today the mod to they XRS panels.

Also installed my Snow Eliminators but I mounted them back about 3-4 inch farther back than they were actually made to put on cause on the 04 boards this position covers up the 2 bigger holes that has the rubber flap under them so I retained those holes cut new notches in the Eliminators that are suposed to be releafs for the little crimp spots on the boards to siide of the tunnel areas moved them back, on this chasssis I swapped out to those 2 square holes aren`t there it a touch older chassis so I still mounted the Eliminators in the same spot as the other chassis I`ll just make a seperate template and add the 2 forward holes and under rubber flap just like the other chassis was.

Yes I agree Eliminators or equivalents are to me are on the Very top of the list to an absolute Must for any Rev Chassis..

I would like to do the Floating secondary your talkin about, Where did you purchase this ?

I will also be cutting the 163x16 track lugs down to 15 wide, I have chatted with GMan on here about his mod and will be doing that also.

My T Motion kit is suposed to arrive Dec, 20th so excited for that to come in and I am going to try to mock it up in the Rev Rails hopefully helpin other here out on putting this Kit in there Rev`s but I have a set of XP rails it is actually finally going to end up in my sled mounted to, I hopefully want to powdercoat the rail about the same color yellow as the XM skid is and add the T Motion sticker to the rails just to show it off more when other see my sled.

My clutch is running a 200/290 spring/ 2 weight added to the pins and have removed the button springs for easier removal of the front spider of the clutch, and have replaced the buttons and O-rings and added Quick clickers set on #3 and will hold 7800-8100 all day except when in really heavy snow I moved my clicker one position and next ride out put it back, problem with the Quick Clickers is they don`t see to grab enought thread of the clicker bolts and didn`t feel right to me but If you purchase 2010 and newer XP clicker bolts they are 3 threads longer, locktite them on and they operate and put the bolt head out much better for clearance when you turn them

Wildcard

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Hello, Here are some pic from today on installin My Snow Eliminators and Finishing my side panel mods, still need to get some 2 Cool Vents for the Knee area for hot air release.

Here is a pic of the Crappy!! stock running boards, also in this pic if you look at the running board support piece you`ll see there is not Boot Loop that bolted in, also ground out the Rivet nuts out and smoothed up the bulky welds around the outer curve of the support.
20121208_095547.jpg

Snow Eliminators, see where I cut another set of square releaf holes or notchs to move the Eliminators back.
20121208_095557.jpg

Board cut out, this is alway a scary part cutting and hoping you don`t slip or screw up to bad, Lol
20121208_103422.jpg

Eliminators all installed will be adding another square relieve hole in the boards ahead of the Eliminators and the stock rubber flap that goes under those holes.
20121208_113513.jpg

Here is the pic of the rear lower corner of the panels trimmed and reshaped to match the inner suport piecs, this allows your feet to get a couple more inchs farther forward on the outer part of the boards, I also like this mod when setting and haulin Azz on the trail whipping into corner you can get your boots out farther and slide back farther with more leg to waist support and can hold you lower body better when leaning and laying off the throttle and into the brake into, or comin hot on the throttle out of a corner
This time I did this trimming I was in more of a hurry and didn`t get as smoothe and neat as I did on my other panels but still works the same.
20121208_145858.jpg

Thanks all for lookin and reading, please post you comments or suggestions or anymore ideas. would be appreciated.

Enjoy, Wildcard

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Oh, not sure if you all know this but this open area of the LH side panel under the added on Vent you see NEEDS to be attended to or covered uo even blocked off from the inside if you already have a above add on vent or Add and glue some plastic pet proof mesh to the inside of this opening, sand the inner area around it roughing up the plastic a bit, smeer some weather stipping adhesive (black seems to be best) then let it set up just a bit tacky and cut out a pattern from your mesh (actually do this before you add the weather stripping adhesive) then hand mold the mesh tightly around this opening and, I slightly taped some of it into place till the weather stripping dried, hoping the tape doen`t tear it all off when removeing the tape.

Snow can make its way into this area and get on the belt and pretty much big slippage and no Go, I haven`t done it yet on this panel but my other panels did and it works great. Look straight into this opening and see what yo see behind it the lower center of the belt between the clutchs, not good..
20121208_145905.jpg

Wildcard

Last edited:
B

BackCountryBob

Aug 7, 2001
Arvada, Colorado
Floating secondary: I got mine from The DOO Doctor over at Dootalk.com I do not understand why this clutch was not floated from the factory. I think I paid $40.00 for it and it lets the secondary follow the primary reducing belt twist, noise and heat. I can touch the secondary with bare hands and not get burned--I actually lay my wet gloves on the clutch to dry them without fear of damaging them.

Simmons Gen 1: I had a couple of old skis laying around so I decided to mod a pair and experiment. I really like the flex of the ski but do not like the hard steering so I copied the Gen 3 wear bar configuration and cut my outside bar length down to 6", and belt sanded the tunnel behind the mounting shoe to about 1/2 the original height, heated the tails with a heat gun and turned the tails up about 1.5" to mimick a ski shovel. This lets me use RER to it's full advantage backing out of a bad place in deep pow and steering is somewhat improved.

Side hilling the Gen 1: I moved the mounting shoe as close as possible to the out side edge of the ski and used spacers on the ski axle bolt to move the ski in board to give me a poor man's 37" ski stance. That helped side hilling on sunbaked snow--not so much in the pow so this summer I cut a 1" notch from the wear rod to the tail ( Carl's ski mod) similar to Burandt's ski--still waiting for snow to test. If this doesn't work I'll probably give Slydogs a try.

I have past the need for high performance and cornice jumping so everything I have done to my sled is to make riding easier on my old and prosthetic body.

Best of luck with your project,

BCB

Last edited:

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Hello Bob, thanks again for the reply.

Ya know I read a Gen 1 skid mod of moving the saddle out to the outer edge like you mentioned and am considering doin that to my ski, I just wonder since I already have a 35.5 stance it would make the front end feel different not sure how to explain it but maybe make it feel like the front is swiveling or swinging under itself I`m sure you understand, What you think?

I am very interested in the other mods you did to your skis with where you belt sanded, cut out mod, shorter runnner and tipping the outer part of the skis. I only have riddin this sled with the Simmons once and it was is Rock hard snow and I have always heard the Simmons will have more steering effort and man that is right was hard on the arms at the end of the day on the hard rutted trail we ride on to get to the higher softer play spots. there was a few spot on this hard snow when I stopped with the skis turned and couldn`t turn it with the bars had to pull the skid loop the direction I wanted to start moving then get on and go once started moving was easier.

I did the Carl`s cut out mod , shortened the rear and tipped the back 2.5 inchs up on my 6.9 Pilot skis I had on this sled before, which I still have and these Simmons definetly need the rear tipped up for reverse.

Could you post some pics and explanations of the mods you done to them, would be appreciated.

Thanks Again, Wildcard

Premium Features