• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yeti 129SS Fit / Install Issues - 2017 450 CRFXR

Just finished putting a 2018 Yeti 129SS on a 2017 450CRFXR. The YETI seems well engineered and finely crafted but I found some major issues with the fit, despite the fact my dealer and Camso confirmed good fitment on this bike. This is my 5th build (4 previous TS kits), so I do expect some mods and having to monkey with things but this was stupid. Have tried calling / emailing Camso several times and cannot get anyone to respond. For the money I would expect a little better customer service. In 4 years of dealing with TS I have never experienced this, they have always been very keen to help and promptly respond. If your looking at setting up a similar bike with a YETI kit you will need to address the following:

1. The stock left foot-peg mount must be cut down. The tunnel will not clear the kickstand mount.

2. The mounting tabs for the swing-arm linkage only allow the tunnel to be installed in the furthest back position with about 1/4" of travel before the tunnel is up against the swing arm mounts. If you look at the attached picture, this shows the issue. I suppose I could cut the tunnel, but hated the idea of taking a sawzall to that beautiful carbon fiber. Any amount of chain stretch and I won't be able to adequately tighten the chain. Will have to figure that out when the time comes.

3. The chain sent with the fit kit will NOT fit this setup due to issues noted in #2.

4. The check valve in the speed bleeder is junk and clogged with metal debris couldn't use it and had to replace with a normal bleed screw.

5. The fit kit comes with several parts (spaces, shims) that do not appear to have any intended use, nor are they mentioned or shown in the manual. Not sure what they are for. Kind of like putting a BBQ together and having parts left over when it's done.

Other than these issues, the kit seems pretty nice. Hope to ride it tomorrow and see how it holds up against my TS137 ARO on a KTM 450SX, which for the record was a whole lot simpler to put together.

IMG_6856.jpg IMG_6860.jpg

800tundra

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Dapp, Alberta
Transferred my yeti kit over to new bike, was a mess . Ended up with parts left over also. It’s like they just took a wild guess at what u might or should work... still don’t know which are correct spindle parts etc. For rake etc.
Gave up and just put it together and rode.
F.Y.I Camso the issue. Not the dealers or dealer in my case

G
Feb 8, 2016
Lynnwood, WA
Yeti brakes 18 129ss

Both bolts fell out of my caliper first ride. They tell you to push the fluid up the speed bleeder which is basically a 1 way valve I believe. Mine was plugged as well or defective from new, I drilled it out to make it work. Had another kit that boots fell out of on the trail. I would double check all bolts are tight with loc tite.

Premium Features