• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP Full Pipe, Any reviews yet?

Iowa__Freeriders

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2010
NW Iowa
ordered a full SLP pipe kit, with clutching and Power commander today for my 2018 ER. anybody installed one yet? big difference over stock? rode a '16 and '17 end of last year and really liked the feel and response the pipe/PVC/Clutching did. hoping to feel the same difference on my '18.

bcriderm8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2010
n/c Iowa
The weight loss alone, I don't think you will be disappointed. Same route I want to go so when you get some time on it please share your thoughts.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
I would have ordered the SSI pipe kit. With that you can run without a fuel controller, according to them.

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
Ive always liked SLP's products. Im waiting to see if they will come out with a Stage III kit that will include porting & the option of an ECU reflash.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
I would have ordered the SSI pipe kit. With that you can run without a fuel controller, according to them.

SSI do offer some packages that does not require a controller, but there pipe and y combo does require a controller.
After looking at there site i cant find where they offer a pipe any longer. They still have the pipe mod and y pipe but no s/s or titanium pipe. Could be an over site on my part but it looks like they removed the pipes. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks

Last edited:

Iowa__Freeriders

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2010
NW Iowa
I would have gone SSI route but really like the quality and performance ive seen from SLP in the past models. @Kiliki what clutching do you suggest?im not an extreme rider just wanted something to give me a little edge over stock. I must say though this sled is amazing right out of the crate. I will not be switching brands anytime soon

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
SSI do offer some packages that does not require a controller, but there pipe and y combo does require a controller.
After looking at there site i cant find where they offer a pipe any longer. They still have the pipe mod and y pipe but no s/s or titanium pipe. Could be an over site on my part but it looks like they removed the pipes. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks

Well, I was refering to their pipe mod, and according to themself. You dont need a fuel controller, with y-pipe, pipe mod and silencer.

53D84CA7-1B59-4819-8781-F0D48BEE329E.jpg

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Well, I was refering to their pipe mod, and according to themself. You dont need a fuel controller, with y-pipe, pipe mod and silencer.

That's right no controller and I like the idea. I am considering the pipe mod and y for my sled.

evandaigneault

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Portland,OR
First ride with my full slp pipe yesterday. I installed it exactly as shown in the instructions, and it melted a hole in my air box. Also, the heat is melting the rubber support on the clutch guard. I did notice a 200 RPM increase at 6000', but the melting has me worried.

IMG_0266.jpg IMG_0264.jpg IMG_0267.jpg

Pow-Shredder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2015
The Hills
Just put one a buddies. Seemed to be plenty of room between the airbox, but it looks like that's up front? Didn't check there. I'll have to check that out.

Also did you happen to weigh the weight loss. Only got 15 and they claim 19.

wally1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2008
Was looking at the '18 pipe set directions online the other night as I have been thinking about getting one myself and I think it said to remove the rubber pipe support on the clutch cover. Not sure if that would have given enough clearance to prevent it from melting the air box or not. :juggle:Have had several of their pipes over the years and they always seemed to fit well.

evandaigneault

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Portland,OR
Was looking at the '18 pipe set directions online the other night as I have been thinking about getting one myself and I think it said to remove the rubber pipe support on the clutch cover. Not sure if that would have given enough clearance to prevent it from melting the air box or not. :juggle:Have had several of their pipes over the years and they always seemed to fit well.

You're right, i missed that. It says in the first sentence to remove the rubber support, along with "side panels and hood"....

C
Dec 15, 2011
Have about 100 miles on 2018 MT CAT with the full SLP Stage II kit and NO Power Commander along with SLP recommended clutching and it rips!! super snappy and good mid and top end gains. Really wakes the sled up!

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
Have about 100 miles on 2018 MT CAT with the full SLP Stage II kit and NO Power Commander along with SLP recommended clutching and it rips!! super snappy and good mid and top end gains. Really wakes the sled up!

How do the plugs look? You're probably out of the rich break in schedule of the break in. Let us know how it holds up without PCV!

powder pounder

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
What elevation is this? Did they recommend a fuel programmer, I tried a ssi head and ypipe and clutch kit with no fuel controller and don't like how it runs know. took it all off.

ranger12

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2012
Dickinson ND
I don't have anything to say about the SLP setup because I have not run any of their stuff on a 18 yet.

I can attest to running some other options on a 18 that I would select over the SLP setup though at this point.

One is a Y-Pipe, Pipe and can option from a different company and the other one is a Pipe mod and a few other options from another company. Both of these setups have performed really well so far this year.

evandaigneault

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Portland,OR
You're right, i missed that. It says in the first sentence to remove the rubber support, along with "side panels and hood"....

Well,

I took the rubber part off the clutch cover, taped up the holes in my air box, and put the hood back on. Looks like I only have about 1/16" clearance where it melted originally... still seems really tight to me.

Premium Features