• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Titanium Cans

S

SledderX

Sep 20, 2008
Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Anybody have any experience with titanium or stainless exhaust cans on there cats ? What brands are out there and are any better than the other ? Any a guy should stay away from ? Going to buy one for my 18.

Thanks

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
There was a comparison done by Dynotech a few years ago. If you search the 2012 Proclimb section you should find where I asked about it. If I wasn't on my phone I would add the link but its a pain. If you can't find it, HPS was the top choice.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Titanium mufflers

There was a comparison done by Dynotech a few years ago. If you search the 2012 Proclimb section you should find where I asked about it. If I wasn't on my phone I would add the link but its a pain. If you can't find it, HPS was the top choice.

I thought the diamond s can was the best choice???

image.jpg

C

chevota84

Oct 5, 2008
I wonder where the ssi comes in at? I keep eyeballing their ti pipe and can.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Have 3 diamond s quiet cans on my 2014 and my dad's 2016 and 2017. Mine is on a big bore sled and his are stock. Fit is really good IMO, better than the bikeman can I had that was fit to their bikeman pipe. No hiccups or bogs on any of the three sleds. Only other mod on the 2016 is belt drive and geared up. It has been observed by a few folks that it runs very hard comparative to other similar sleds. The one thing you will want to do is make sure there is a spring somewhere holding down pressure so hard snow can't push the can back up in the belly pan.

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT

I thought the diamond s can was the best choice???

You are correct, I was mixed up. Thanks for posting the image.

Speed Shop Inc.

Premium Member
Nov 4, 2009
Cannon Falls, MN
www.speedshopinc.com
J
Feb 28, 2011
SSI can

I have the SSI ti can on a 2016 pol axys and I have good results with the can. I have a 2012 and a 2014 which have other manufacturers can's. I don't know what this decibels are but I do not wear ear plugs with this setup. It's got a good deep sound nothing to loud. The customer service I received from them was second to none, after several weeks of hard ridding one of the welds cracked I called them and told them what happened they shipped me another can on the spot they asked for the other one to be shipped back when I received the new one. I called on Monday morning and had a new one on my door step by Thursday I did not loose one day of ridding.

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
All of our mufflers passed the 88 db stationary test that the park services and DNR uses.

Awesome.

I'm sure I came across as a d!ck, but I assure you that wasn't my intention. Excessive noise is one of the main complaints the non-motorized crowd uses when trying to shut down public lands in the west.

There are too many irresponsible companies making loud cans, glad you made a muffler that passes the 88 Db sound test.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
^Its pretty loud Murph. not a stupid loud rip like a some, but it crackles and drones in the lower-mid rpm ranges pretty hard. I plan to get their y-pipe, so ill keep mine to try the combo together. its a pretty piece for sure. light as they come.
nice of SSI to post up in here for us too.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Thanks super8.
Diamond S is definitely quieter, is it worth another $100?
Don't know, maybe?

Mountain Cat!

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
Diamond S is definitely quieter, is it worth another $100?

Did I miss something? Looking at, and pausing the video, the SSI had a max reading (look at meter) of 83 db max. The Diamond S quiet can was 84 db max.

Premium Features