• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Ascender Platform and 800 Ctec!

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
So looks like something good coming for sure. Hearing some limited builds available by the 1st of Feb. Seems Cat had a lot more coming than pretty much anyone thought. If anyone gets any pics or info post it up for the rest of us to drool over!!!

Last edited:

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Saw the first post on the 2018 sled thread and had some pics from HCS, went over there and read through the thread. Thought I'd start this thread so all my basic bro's can keep up on the latest:)

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
powder special!?
censored.gif

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
Interesting. I wonder what are the details of the "Ascender" platform?! Narrower body panels and boards?! And I can't tell for certain by the pictures, but it almost looks like an offset steering setup.

Last edited:
S

snowcannon

Aug 20, 2015
Shuswap, BC
All fine and dandy... the big question is: how many ponies is this new 800 pumping out? If it's less than what the 850 doo does, I can see a lot of cat guys being really disappointed.

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
First thing I thought was this is either some late season models or 18s.

But one another thing I thought of is the same thing as Ski-doo did with the XP too XM, Polaris Pro too Axys.. Just made the chassis better and "new" looking :)

dgibbons

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
A lot of good info - a mountain cat with the yammi plastics and new higher powered, more efficient Ctec.

But, is Cat putting this thing on a diet? Don't see any propoganda about weight loss - is the Ctec lighter? Plastics lighter? Will be interested to watch how the rest of the reveal plays out.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Looks like they covered just about everything people were asking for, couldn't ask for much more:) New motor, new narrower plastics and boards, drop and roll with 8 tooth, lighter. Thank you AC!!!

Last edited:

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Looks like they covered just about everything people were asking for, couldn't ask for much more:)

Definitely some good changes here, but a little underwhelming IMO, this is the sled that should have been released in 2015 or 2016. That said its hard to really judge it based on the little we know about the motor, weight, etc.

Be nice to see some more things improved/changed like a belt drive, updated controls, gauge, flap, tail light, and newer tube like style boards. Maybe we will see a spring check model with more goodies?

A bigger motor would have been nice, but I didnt really expect it yet.... I would guess that one has been in the works since the 850 was released. Hopefully the new motor work well.

Premium Features