• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

153 High Country question

K
Oct 13, 2014
Michigan
I bought 153 rails and the 2.6 track and an antistab for my 2013 high country, and am trying to determine what else is needed. Some guys change the front arm and shock, but is it necessary? Any input would be appreciated!

G
Jan 18, 2012
actually from what I read yesterday the High Country (also what I have) has a longer front rear shock which is what a lot of guys with the M8 are buying/doing the GEO MOD moving the front shock rail .75" ahead on the rails to get the track down further to pull you up onto the snow better.
BUT sounds like us HIGH COUNTRY guys don't need to do that. doing any further mod with a longer shock might make your front end TOO LIGHT and hard to control. Really Just make sure all your skid bolts are good tight and loctited and RIDE. have fun man

K
Oct 13, 2014
Michigan
actually from what I read yesterday the High Country (also what I have) has a longer front rear shock which is what a lot of guys with the M8 are buying/doing the GEO MOD moving the front shock rail .75" ahead on the rails to get the track down further to pull you up onto the snow better.
BUT sounds like us HIGH COUNTRY guys don't need to do that. doing any further mod with a longer shock might make your front end TOO LIGHT and hard to control. Really Just make sure all your skid bolts are good tight and loctited and RIDE. have fun man[/QUOTE

Thank You. What do you think about skid location then? I have my front in the bottom 13 holes, sounds like that might be the place to leave them?

Premium Features