• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Running board are WEAAK....

G
Jan 18, 2012
Well WTF is this Cast aluminum BS that they attached on the back of the running boards... they break soo easy and knoticed my running boards are now U shaped down them from landing and springing around on them. Anyone installed Air frame boards or Modrod boards and how are they snow removal wise and strength. anyone else notice how much your running boards have "U" down the center. im 220 lbs and 6'3 soo might b the reason! :baby:

markoo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Southern Alberta
Do you jump alot with your sled? Hard landings will bend stuff a lot quicker than driving around. It might also explain a busted chain.

G
Jan 18, 2012
Everything

Do you jump alot with your sled? Hard landings will bend stuff a lot quicker than driving around. It might also explain a busted chain.

I jump every hump and hill i can... 650 miles there r more reasons than jumping that blew this baby. I think white rad has the fix. And yes running boards just dont hold up i bought a SNO PRO HIGH COUNTRY.... just not strong enough.:baby:

C
Mar 17, 2011
XXXMODROD running Boards

Yeah, I'd be interested in knowning if anyone has installed the XXXModRod running boards on their PC too. I was about to buy a pair but I'd like to know how sturdy they are first.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
XXXmodrods makes pretty good stuff, and their M boards looked real strong, but the PC boards don't go up the side at all or re-enforce the angle in any way, so there's really no chance that it's making the board MUCH stronger.

That said just since it's a thicker material, and that there's some sandwiching going on, it might make them LITTLE stronger, but if your main focus is strength, I'd look for some that run up the side of the sled.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Anyone run Fastlane no snows on their proclimb yet? Have a set ordered right now, do they stiffen things up at all?

G
Jan 18, 2012

i did not buy this sled to cruizeeee around. i got it to go through obstacles and test my riding abilities and the sleds. if i wanted to cruize around i would have bought a yamaha (Ya Aint My A** Haulin A** ) :yo:

G
Jan 18, 2012
Has anyone thought of making their own "stirrups" out of some small square stock aluminum and mounting them to the tunnel with and upside down "L" bracket on the corner of the tunnel like the 2011 M series and other M series? its been something im thinking of trying. before i just go out and buy AIRFRAMZ.... cuz those seem to be the strongest and best snow shedding boards out there.

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
Yeah the stirrups are junk....

I know bdx makes billet aluminum ones for the older m's probably just a matter of time before they do for the proclimb.

Theres a few people out there building proclimb air frams rail style for 450-500

Premium Features