• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 VES engine for rebuild

J
Feb 7, 2010
Libby, Montana
Want to sell my 02 800 VES motor for rebuild. Crank broke but never hurt any thing else in the motor. Head, cylinders, case, cover, everyhting there for a rebuild. Will even through in the broke crank.
$450.00 You pay shipping. I accept pay pal. Thanks, Joe.

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Motor

I just went through the broken crank on my 800. Took out the PTO end and wobbled enough that it ruined the case.

I ended up with a new PTO end, new rod (to get the new crank pin) and I found some used cases.

I guess my point is, how could a person find out what the liklihood of your motor being able to be rebuilt is without some really good photo's or an assessment by a crank guy in your neck of the woods. Otherwise it's two cylinders and a non DET head.

I'm just trying to be realistic and not dissing your ad.

J
Feb 7, 2010
Libby, Montana
I appreciate your insite. However, the sled was shut off and not run again right after the crank broke. When I took the crank out. The seal was still perfect and there the was hardly any marks on the case where the bearings are pressed to the case. I believe the case is still in great shape but should be machined and line bored for the new bearings and crank. I'm sure you probably had the used case machined and bored before putting a newly rebuilt crank in. If the amount seams high, make an offer. Thanks guys, have a good day!

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Motor

My seal was still good as well. Amazing the distortion it can tolerate.

I think it's really about the wobbling going on until it actually breaks. We shut mine off as well due to noise (I wasn't riding it), not lack of connection to the clutch. We had rode about 30 miles that day and it would have been interesting to see if it would have felt loose on the clutch end prior to riding that day.

I thought I had an oiling issue and that the play was in the wrist pin. Until we took the crank out, I didn't know it was broke.

The bleak prognosis for it being a low cost fix started then.

Premium Features