• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Single Ply CE Track

M
Jan 14, 2004
Whats the verdict on the new CE 2011 track, ie the single ply and toothless lug one. Whats it weigh? Anybody even tried one?

M5

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
I have the same questions. Camoplast has the 9175 listed as the new style single ply, but no weight. Tracks USA has it listed as 62lbs. I thought the old 9943 was 59lbs?

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
I have one on my apex. Not sure the weight. I had the old one but it through lugs so had to get the new one. So far I like it, can't tell much difference in the two for powder and climbing.

Seems to roll a bit easier under the tunnel. The design is slightly different on the paddles themselves but so far I like it.

sledhead162

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
59lbs may have not been full clipped I have one on my nytro and love it so far the only diff I can tell from my friend that had the old one is the new track does feel a lil more solid on packed snow prob cause its a straigt paddle on top not jagged

Z

Zipperno

Jan 9, 2008
Nordkjosbotn, Norway
59lbs may have not been full clipped I have one on my nytro and love it so far the only diff I can tell from my friend that had the old one is the new track does feel a lil more solid on packed snow prob cause its a straigt paddle on top not jagged

All new CEs are fully clipped. Cant verify the weight, "we" have 3 sleds with the new extreme and another one on its way. So far they like it!

M
Jan 14, 2004
My big concern is the durability, I saw a single ply 2010 Maverick tear right in half with just a 180 kit on the sled, I wonder how they will stand up to more boost, like 300 HP?

M5

G

GRINreeper

Jan 5, 2010
Kelowna B.C.
I have 6 rides on the new single ply with my 2871 impulse running 18#(not sure what that is for HP). mind you I went from the stock yamy 162 so to me its a night and day difference. last ride I managed to bury my sled in a some what frozen muddy marsh area, when trying to get unstuck at one point i pinned it and the belt slipped before the drivers ratcheted. only to learn that the whole track had gotten gummed up with a concrete like snow mud kinda mix. it was pretty nasty. so the good out of this is that I am no longer concernd that the track will ratchet due to trimmed outer lugs. the bad....I was sunk in a frozen muddy marsh. So I decided to give a very close inspection when I got home, I found one lug with a tiny tear in it. who knows what from.....could have been a stick, my stuck, or possible my shop caddy. all in all I am pleased with its performance. I will post my thoughts again in a couple months.

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
I have 4 rides on my track. My cousin has 4 on his in both hard pack and powder conditions with 0 issues. I'm running 15psi on my impulse my cousin is doing the same. I'm not worried about it tearing in half. To me it feels stronger than the old CE. But then again my old CE started to de laminate the lugs and track itself from the fiber chords.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
6 rides on mine, I absolutely love it. I came from the POS stock maverick though so it was a huge jump up for me. The difference between those two is night and day.

Mine has been on 17psi since day one and looks like new. My old Maverick had 800 miles on 12-17psi and there was hardly anything left of it.

Premium Features