• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ANY ONE upgrade to a paid member yet?????

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The one really big surprise we have had so far is that 81% of the paid members are going for the 3 year option.

That was totally unexpected!

Just goes to show the level of confidence they have in SnoWest!

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
So a mod has to pay? Sucks, one would think it would be a part of their package deal.

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
So a mod has to pay? Sucks, one would think it would be a part of their package deal.

And some peeps have told us our opinions didn't count or didn't matter because we got it for free.........so some of us have opted to pay for that reason, and those mentioned by 94fordguy. :)

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
The one really big surprise we have had so far is that 81% of the paid members are going for the 3 year option.

That was totally unexpected!

Just goes to show the level of confidence they have in SnoWest!

If we are going to pay, most will look for the best value...$10 bucks a year (3 year option) shouldn't break anyones bank. Who hasn't got $10 worth of information on here??? For me, being able to see and hear about all the aftermarket products, home grown how to's, and sharing riding conditions around Alaska is well worth $10 a year.

The "other site" hasn't really evolved into much, even after all the whining the past few months. I plan on staying here.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
I think snowest should have looked at other websites that also have a buy in option.. its just that an "option"
It appears this will be no option.. more like extortion.
There are lots of ways a forum can make money..You got alot of mine this year..
Take KTMTalk.com for instance they have a lifetime member option that is paid and there are some very nice things that go along with that..
far more than your user name highlighted. (access should be free). I left grade school a long time ago..
But, It is a private forum so they have the right to do whatever they wish..
Its the users choice whether to patronage them or not..

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
I think snowest should have looked at other websites that also have a buy in option.. its just that an "option"
It appears this will be no option.. more like extortion.
There are lots of ways a forum can make money..You got alot of mine this year..
Take KTMTalk.com for instance they have a lifetime member option that is paid and there are some very nice things that go along with that..
far more than your user name highlighted. (access should be free). I left grade school a long time ago..
But, It is a private forum so they have the right to do whatever they wish..
Its the users choice whether to patronage them or not..

So how much have you given to the forum through your donations? Since you brought it up I thought I would ask.

A lot of other forum options were looked at before this option was choose, this is what they thought would be best going forward. Will it be? Only time will tell.

So what all did you get at KTMTalk with your lifetime membership and how much was it?

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Well I signed up for the three years,thats only two days without food.
And then someone says mods don't have to pay.I guess I could stand too lose a couple pounds,you know power to weight ratio.

Last edited:

togwotee9

The Baconator
Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2008
Council Bluffs, IA
I'm going to eat alot of popcorn in this thread

ScarJo_popcorn.gif

Premium Features