• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WTH Christopher????

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Hey, did anybody watch Obama last night. He said the same damn thing all of the past presidents have said. He's just black so that makes it better.

*This post has been brought to you to detract from the negativity while the corn pops*

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
I had just reached the 5k mark too!!!! Man, that was a momentous day in my life and now I have to strive to achieve it again???? Oh for crying out loud!!!

:D:D

All kidding aside....... All these dam sub's are starting to confuse me. What next... a sub section for those with under 12" of snow and those with under 24" of snow and those with.....???:confused:

:beer;:beer;

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Christopher, just a thought, Say some one does a lots of selling in the swap meet, and is deleting the thread after they sell the product, there post count would go up as they were selling during the year and then when a update was done that person would loose all the posts from the swap meet that were deleted. This could account for some of the missing posts
Correct.
But we are now pretty certain this is all a matter of a very POOR job of importing the old forums.

I am trying to see if I can get an archived copy of the old forum to do a FULL PROPER IMPORT and resolve the problem.

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
Hey, did anybody watch Obama last night. He said the same damn thing all of the past presidents have said. He's just black so that makes it better.

*This post has been brought to you to detract from the negativity while the corn pops*

Its bad when you make bush look good. ha ha ha at least bush knew he didn't know what he was talking about.:face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:
E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Correct.
But we are now pretty certain this is all a matter of a very POOR job of importing the old forums.

I am trying to see if I can get an archived copy of the old forum to do a FULL PROPER IMPORT and resolve the problem.

the old forums were never imported at all. There was a span of 3 months where they were both online. Important information (a handful of threads) were to be archived, but I think those archives have since been 404'd.

Also, rather see a "Sold swapmeet items" section where when an item gets sold, the thread goes in there. Posts don't get lost, comments on the item and items sold by that seller are still there and searchable; but they don't clutter up active FS postings.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
well i did the opposite, it added in all my post from deleted threads. Have been bounced around from couple thousand back to 800, then was at about 1400, now, take a gander :D

something similar must have happened to me also, I had about 3200-3300 posts this time yesterday, tho I know some of those had to have come from deleted threads.:eek::face-icon-small-hap

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
the old forums were never imported at all. There was a span of 3 months where they were both online. Important information (a handful of threads) were to be archived, but I think those archives have since been 404'd.

Also, rather see a "Sold swapmeet items" section where when an item gets sold, the thread goes in there. Posts don't get lost, comments on the item and items sold by that seller are still there and searchable; but they don't clutter up active FS postings.

That is an excellant idea Mule!

B

BigJake

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jul 23, 2009
I am so pisssssssed about my f'd up post count. I had way more that what I show now. What the He LL!

B

BigJake

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jul 23, 2009
Have you even considered reading any of the threads that explain what happened?

Oh I have read them. I am just stirring the pot with a little thing called sarcasm. I could really care less of my post count, my green bar, or now those three things by my user name. Don't worry, you'll grow to love me.:D

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
There is nothing that I could do that would create this kind of entertainment!!! I love Snowest in the Summer!!
Aint it the truth? Damn, take a couple days off the 4m and come back to this :eek:

gotta love seeing the count down a couple thousand too. Yay. Oh well, just another newb like the rest of the 4m.

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
Good luck with that, when this whole swap from Fusetalk over to vBulletin happened we were told by "The Big Cheese" that once a year all the history of the Fusetalk forum was wiped to make room for another year. This is why a major port never occurred, because there was nothing to use -for- a major port.

This is also why so many threads that contained what many people felt priceless information (IndyDan's TEAM Clutch thread anyone?) vanished into 404 land.

If you get lucky, there are some mirrors on the Way Back Machine but they aren't complete copies by any means.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!

They WIPED OUT THE FORUM every year to make room for the next year?

WERE THEY OUT OF THE EVER LOVING MINDS?

Premium Features